There are four options for students interested in a mathematics major.
- Mathematics with emphasis in Actuarial Science
- Mathematics with emphasis in Data Science
- Mathematics with Secondary Education Certification
The curriculum is structured to meet the overlapping needs of students who fall in one or more of the following categories:
- those who intend to pursue graduate work in mathematics and related fields;
- those who will apply mathematics in the natural sciences, social sciences, business or other areas;
- those who plan to become actuaries;
- those who plan to become data scientists;
- those who plan to become high school mathematics teachers; and
- those who plan to become computer scientists.