In the Interactive Media concentration, students will learn to design and program a variety of digital solutions such as websites, apps, software, and other emerging media and technologies. Students will have the opportunity to study supporting topics such as game design, video, virtual reality, or animation. Coursework is experiential, often requiring students to solve business problems for clients, and incorporate user-experience design materials into their methodology.
Learn more about the Arts Technology Major.
Interactive Media Concentration Requirements (18 credits)
- IS221. Programming Fundamentals (3)
- IS240 Foundations of Information Systems (3)
- IS322. Web/Mobile Application Development (3)
- IS350. Application Integration (3)
- AR201. Computer Art & Design (3)
Choose 3 Credits From:
- AT319. Interface Design & Data Visualization (3)
- AT320. Motion Graphics Animation (3)
- AT366. Topics in Interactive Media (3)
- AR327. Computer Art & Design: Creative Concepts (3)
- IS321. System Analysis & Design (3)
- Or Elective As Approved By Chair
Be sure to check out some of our student works in interactive design.
Interactive Media Concentration (Credits)
Potential Careers for an Arts Technology Major with an Interactive Media Concentration
- Web Designer/Developer
- App Designer/Developer
- Web Database Management
- Digital Brand Management
- Digital Publisher
- Motion-Graphic Designer
- Interactive Designer/Developer
- Game Designer/Developer
- User Experience Designer/Developer
- Corporate Media Specialist
- Art Director
- User Interface Designer/Developer
- Creative Firm Owner
- Systems Developer
- Innovation Specialists
- Digital and Social Media Marketer
- Graphic Designer
In addition to taking courses in one of the five concentrations, students will learn the foundations of all Arts Technology areas and take courses in business and art entrepreneurship.
While the Interactive Media concentration focuses on design and programming for software and web applications students will also explore supporting topics such as Virtual Reality, animation, and game design. Students will work for real clients in performance learning ventures such the information system student run business, Millikin Performance Learning Consulting or the arts technology student run media firm, Millikin Creates. The curriculum is focused on helping students become adaptable for the future of new technologies and business tools.
Like the Interactive Media concentration in the Arts Technology major? You may also be interested in: