The video production emphasis readies students for a myriad of careers in fields ranging from motion picture, television, and documentary film-making to commercial, corporate, and web video production. Students will gain hands-on experience as they explore the elements and equipment necessary to create professional video and cinema projects.
Video Production Concentration (18 credits)
- AT 234 Preproduction for Video and Cinema 1 (3)
- AT 235 Preproduction for Video and Cinema 11 (3)
- AT 334 Production for Video and Cinema 1 (3 )
- AT 335 Production for Video and Cinema 11 (3)
- AT 434 Postproduction for Video and Cinema 1 (3)
- AT 435 Postproduction for Video and Cinema 11 (3)
*Electives available in animation, live sound, video art, and film theory.
Be sure to check out some of our student films shown at our Film Festival, Images in Motion.
Video Production Technology Concentration (Credits)
Potential Careers for an Arts Technology Major with a Video Production Concentration
- Film and Video Editor
- Production Designer
- Storyboard Artist
- Line Producer
- Video Technician
- Art director for commercial, TV, film, print
- Corporate Media Specialist
- Digital and Social Media Marketer
- Media/Communications Coordinator
- Church/Non Profit Media Director
- Multimedia Artist
- Video Production Manager
- Commercial Video Producer
- Live Event Videographer
- Key Grip
In addition to taking courses in one of the five concentrations, students will learn the foundations of all Arts Technology areas and take courses in business and art entrepreneurship.
Whether you are making a movie or selling a product it all starts with a good story. The Video Production concentration provides opportunities for students to work with industry professionals and clients in the classroom giving them multiple “real world” experiences outside of their internship(s) to create commercial content and build IMDB (Internet Movie Database) credit.