Application for Admission
Students interested in one of our MBA programs must complete the following steps in order to be considered for admission into the program.
Your first step is to complete and submit the online Application for Admission. Once you have completed that, you must also submit the following information to Marianne Taylor, Director of PACE/Graduate Admission at email@example.com. Call 217-420-6771 or visit Gorin Hall 11 if you have questions.
- Letters of Recommendation: Three letters of recommendation from individuals with direct knowledge of applicant's education, professional background, and leadership abilities. If applying to the Executive MBA Program, one letter should come from the applicant’s direct supervisor.
- Current Resume: Include all professional and educational background along with any awards, honors, or distinctions.
- Statement of Purpose: Submit a 1,000 word statement describing applicant’s personal and professional goals.
- Graduate Management Admissions Test: The GMAT requirement may be waived for applicants who satisfy one of the following requirements, as determined by the MBA Review Committee:
- Applicant has earned a master's degree or higher in a field
- Applicant has a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.3 or higher
- Applicant has work experience of 6 years or more, with management responsibility
- Applicant has a professional certification
- GMAT scores are not required if applicant is pursing the Healthcare Administration Graduate Certificate
- Official Transcripts: Applicants must request transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions from which they have obtained a degree.
- Interview with the MBA Program Director
Application materials must be submitted by the following dates:
- Executive MBA: November 1
- Fast-Track MBA: June 1
- Healthcare Administration Graduate Certificate: August 1
For information about financial assistance, please click here.
Application deadlines for Millikin MBA programs
Application materials must be completed before the dates listed below in order to be reviewed by the MBA Graduate Education Committee for consideration for the next class.
|Program Start||Domestic Student
Application Due Date
Application Due Date
|Executive MBA||January||November 1||August 1|
|Fast-Track MBA||August||June 1||May 1|
Application details for international students
International students must complete the following steps in addition to all of the application requirements for domestic students.
- Complete the International Application for Admission. For translation and evaluation, contact World Education Services.
- Send Official College Transcripts in English. Transcripts must be evaluated by a professional evaluation service such as World Education Services or Education Credential Evaluators.
- Send TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language). English proficiency as evidenced by a minimum score of 79.
Conditional Admission may be granted in two instances:
- For candidates with an advanced level of English Proficiency: International students with a TOEFL score between 70 and 80 who need to improve their writing skills. Students may score no less than 79 on TOEFL iBT or 6.5 on IELTS (with no band less than 6). Conditional admission will be based on the test score as well as a Skype interview. In this instance, students will study for one semester in Millikin’s English Language Center, where they will be placed in Level 4 instruction with a focus on writing.
- For international candidates who haven't yet taken the GMAT (or GRE): International students who are determined to be eligible for successful admission into the MBA Program, but have yet to take the GMAT or GRE, may be conditionally admitted and allowed one semester to take the GMAT/GRE. After taking the GMAT/GRE, candidates’ admission criteria are re-evaluated for final approval.
International application packets must be submitted by the following dates for each program:
- Executive MBA: August 1
- Fast-Track MBA: May 1