The Presidential Scholarship is a prestigious, FULL-TUITION scholarship for first-year and transfer students, renewable for up to four years. This award is for the best of the best. Presidential Scholars are leaders in Millikin's Honors Program.
Students must first submit their application for admission to Millikin University and receive an acceptance packet before they can apply for scholarships. Admitted students can access the application through their VIP page.
Hear from student Jarius Ingram on his own experience as a Presidential Scholar a Millikin.
Requirements for Scholarship
- GPA 3.5 or higher on 4.0 scale (will convert for other academic scales)
- 27 or higher ACT OR 1260 or higher SAT
- Students without qualifying test scores will be evaluated on an individual basis.
Rewarding Academic Achievement
Presidential Scholars are Millikin's best and brightest students. Selection is based upon outstanding academic performance and demonstrated leadership. Millikin's expectations are high, but Scholars' rewards are great.
Expectations of recipients
Presidential Scholars serve as ambassadors to Millikin University. They represent the student body as scholars and must fulfill the following expectations in order to retain in the program:
- A high level of academic success: Presidential Scholars must maintain a cumulative 3.3 GPA.
- Practice academic integrity: Presidential Scholars found in violation of the Academic Integrity Policies of the University will be removed from the program.
- Be a part of our residential community: Presidential Scholars are expected to live in campus housing for 4 years and practice positive role modeling in our communities.
- Become engaged in our campus community: Presidential Scholars are expected to demonstrate a significant contribution to campus life through meaningful engagement in student activities, leadership, and service.
- Participate in the Millikin Honors Program: Presidential Scholars are also strongly encouraged to participate in the James Millikin Scholars (JMS) Program: James Millikin Scholars have the opportunity to engage in research with faculty and present their findings locally and globally.
- Audience with the University President: Presidential Scholars meet regularly with the University President and are expected to attend events as invited.
Honors Program Director