Getting Into the Program
Qualified candidates for the MSN degree for Nurse Educator are highly motivated individuals who hold a baccalaureate degree in nursing from an accredited program and who seek leadership roles in clinical practice or educational settings.
The School of Nursing participates in Nursing’s Centralized Application Service (NursingCas). All materials will be submitted through NursingCas (http://nursingcas.org/).
NursingCAS collects and processes your application documents and verifies your transcripts. We receive information from NursingCas and use it to make our admission decision. We recommend that you order all official transcripts from all college experiences as early in the process as possible. NursingCAS provides detailed information on the transcript process for all applicants. Millikin University requires course-by-course evaluations for transcripts from foreign institutions and we accept evaluations from World Education Services, Inc. (WES) and Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. (ECE).
Based on your application, we evaluate all applicants on the following:
Graduate applicants should:
- Complete the MSN Application found on NursingCAS.
- Upload official transcripts from all graduate and undergraduate institutions attended
- Demonstrate a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 out of 4.0
- Provide evidence of successful completion (grade of C or better) of courses in undergraduate nursing research, health assessment, and statistics.
- Possess an unencumbered license as an RN in Illinois or be eligible to obtain one upon admission.
- Submit a written statement.
- Submit a current resume or curriculum vitae.
International students must submit official transcripts (in English) with an official evaluation of those transcripts by a foreign credentials evaluation agency and proof of English proficiency. To see requirements, go to: Center for International Education. International students must also possess an unencumbered license as an R.N. in Illinois or be eligible to obtain one prior to admission.
Contact Kathryn Hise, Graduate Student Recruiter, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 217-424-3558.