Millikin's Residence Policy
- Students may live in University operated residence halls (first-year students only) and apartments (if available), Greek chapter houses and The Woods at Millikin. All upperclassmen students reside at The Woods at Millikin.
- Students wishing to live off-campus MUST meet one of the following criteria:
- Be 24 years of age or older before August 1 of the petition year
- Be married (marriage license may be required)
- Have dependents
- Be of senior standing (88 credits or more and by matriculation, beginning their 7th Millikin semester) at the beginning of the fall term
- Live within a 40 mile radius of campus and living with a parent/guardian
- Demonstrate significant financial hardship (defined as having exhausted all loan eligibility- verified through Student Financial Services)
Residential learning outcomes for residential students
By End of their First Year:
- Residents will engage in the residential community through interactions, service, education, and programming.
- Residents will be able to reflect and articulate their role in their residential community.
- Residents will develop ownership and a sense of belonging in their residential community.
- Residents will identify and reflect on their personal values in order to engage in inclusion and difference.
- Residents will be able to identify the characteristics of a mature interpersonal relationship.
- Residents will deepen their academic identity through para-professionals presence/programming, engaging in faculty/staff inside and outside their residential community.
By End of their Second Year:
- Residents will move from autonomy to interdependence.
- Residents will develop confidence in problem solving skills and managing their lives.
By End of their Third Year Students
- Residents will engage in their residential community and the Millikin/Decatur community.
- Residents will understand the leasing process to live off campus.
By End of their Fourth Your
- Residents will develop full autonomy and live off campus independently
Community | Inclusion & Student Engagement | Residence Life
October 26, 2015, 4:45pm
Millikin University's Student Housing Council (SHC) hosted its annual Halloween in the Halls event on Oct. 25. Halloween in the Halls provides a safe, family-friendly environment for...Read More
Campus | Inclusion & Student Engagement | Residence Life
August 19, 2015, 2:30pm
First-year students at Millikin University moved into their new Millikin homes during Move-In Day on Aug. 18. About 100 first-year students moved into residence halls prior to the start...Read More
August 20, 2014, 1:45pm