Millikin's Residence Policy
- Students may live in University operated residence halls (first-year students only) and apartments (if available), Greek chapter houses and The Woods at Millikin. All upperclassmen students reside at The Woods at Millikin.
- Students wishing to live off-campus MUST meet one of the following criteria:
- Be 24 years of age or older before August 1 of the petition year
- Be married (marriage license may be required)
- Have dependents
- Be of senior standing (88 credits or more and by matriculation, beginning their 7th Millikin semester) at the beginning of the fall term
- Live within a 40 mile radius of campus and living with a parent/guardian
- Demonstrate significant financial hardship (defined as having exhausted all loan eligibility- verified through Student Financial Services)
Residential learning outcomes for residential students
By End of their First Year:
- Residents will engage in the residential community through interactions, service, education, and programming.
- Residents will be able to reflect and articulate their role in their residential community.
- Residents will develop ownership and a sense of belonging in their residential community.
- Residents will identify and reflect on their personal values in order to engage in inclusion and difference.
- Residents will be able to identify the characteristics of a mature interpersonal relationship.
- Residents will deepen their academic identity through para-professionals presence/programming, engaging in faculty/staff inside and outside their residential community.
By End of their Second Year:
- Residents will move from autonomy to interdependence.
- Residents will develop confidence in problem solving skills and managing their lives.
By End of their Third Year Students
- Residents will engage in their residential community and the Millikin/Decatur community.
- Residents will understand the leasing process to live off campus.
By End of their Fourth Your
- Residents will develop full autonomy and live off campus independently
Campus | Community | International
November 20, 2017, 10:15am
Millikin's Center for International Education hosts 10th annual International Thanksgiving Dinner Over 40 international students at Millikin University were treated to a tradition...Read More
Admissions | Campus | Inclusion & Student Engagement
August 16, 2017, 11:45am
New Millikin students take first step with Move-In Day The start of the 2017-2018 academic year at Millikin University began with Move-In Day for first-year students on Aug. 15. Several...Read More
Academic | Campus | Student Success
August 11, 2017, 10:00am
Millikin EDGE program provides tools for success Students making the transition from high school to college know the importance of starting on the right foot. To help make that seamless...Read More