Promoting Safe, Healthy Student Communities
The Office of Residence Life promotes a progressive, co-curricular experience that fosters inclusive, safe, and healthy student communities.
Millikin's Residence Policy
- Students may live in University operated residence halls (freshmen only) and apartments (if available), Greek chapter houses, and the Woods at Millikin. All upperclassmen students reside at the Woods at Millikin.
- Students wishing to live off-campus MUST meet one of the following criteria:
- Be 24 years of age or older before August 1 of the petition year
- Be married (marriage license may be required)
- Have dependents
- Be of senior standing (88 credits or more and by matriculation, beginning their 7th Millikin semester) at the beginning of the fall term
- Live within a 40 mile radius of campus and living with a parent/guardian
- Demonstrate significant financial hardship (defined as having exhausted all loan eligibility- verified through Student Financial Services)
Residential learning outcomes for residential students
- Engage in service
- Deepen academic pursuits
- Examine personal values
- Demonstrate interdependence
- Develop positive communication strategies
- Appreciate social and cultural differences
Winter Break Closing Information: https://issuu.com/paullidy/docs/res-checkoutbro-1117_web_
Want to order a care package for your student? Visit www.mil.ocm.com.
Download the Everything you Need to Know PDF