Millikin/Broadway Dream Scholarship Audition Requirements
The Recipient of the 2nd Annual Millikin/Broadway Dreams Scholarship will be announced at the Broadway Dreams New York Showcase on November 20th
BFA Musical Theatre – Audition Requirements
- Acting: Please prepare one memorized contemporary monologue (written since 1960) from a published play, 30-45 seconds in length. The character should be close to your own age and performed without a regional dialect (we want to hear your natural speaking voice). Monologues from films, musicals, or stand-alone works are not appropriate for this audition. Please avoid material by Christopher Durang.
- Voice: Two memorized songs from published Broadway literature (one written before 1970, one after 1970) and contrasting in style, i.e. up-tempo and ballad. Select 16 bars for the ballad and 32 bars for the up-tempo. These two songs should be representative of the range of your voice. You may include a 3rd song in a pop-rock style if you choose but it is not required. Note: Please do not select material by Jason Robert Brown, Adam Guettel, or Stephen Sondheim. Why?
- Dance: Click on the link for a list of required skills for your dance video.
BFA Acting – Audition Requirements
- Acting: Please prepare two memorized monologues from a published play, 30-45 seconds in length. The monologues should be contrasting in style and/or period and should feature a character who is close to your own age and performed without a regional dialect (we want to hear your natural speaking voice). Shakespeare is acceptable for a BFA Acting audition. Monologues from films, musicals, or stand-alone works are not appropriate for this audition. Please avoid material by Christopher Durang and please do not select a Puck monologue from A Midsummer Night’s Dream.
Submitting Your Audition Materials
All auditions must be submitted on video uploaded to YouTube. Once uploaded please send a link to Sean Morrissey, Broadway Dreams Audition Coordinator, with the subject line Broadway Dreams Audition Materials. Videos do not need to be made public. If private, however, please grant access to Sean Morrissey so he may view and share your videos with the selection committee. Please do not attempt to email videos to us directly. The files will be too large to pass our security protocols and will be stripped from your email.
Dates and Deadlines
The following is a recommended timeline for the application and audition process.
- September 15 - Apply to Millikin University
- October 15 - Submit Academic Credentials (ACT/SAT Scores, Transcripts, Letters of Recommendation)
- October 15 – Submit financial information (FAFSA or Net Price Calculator results)
- November 1 – Submit Audition Videos
- November 10 – Final Deadline for ALL application and audition videos. Materials received after November 10 will not be considered.
* Note: Test scores and transcripts may take several weeks to reach us. Please plan accordingly and request them early.