Audition and Interview Information
All BFA programs in the School of Theatre and Dance require an audition or interview for consideration. Prior to scheduling an audition or interview, students must first apply to and be accepted by the Millikin University Office of Admissions. Students may apply to Millikin using the Common App or through our website at Apply to Millikin. There is no fee to apply.
Audition appointments are granted by invitation. Invitations are extended through an on-line pre-screen process at GetAcceptd.com. Once admitted, those seeking auditions for our BFA Musical Theatre and/or Acting programs will receive a code that will permit them to submit their GetAcceptd pre-screen materials. Pre-screen submissions will be evaluated in the order in which they are received and audition invitations will be extended on a rolling basis. All students auditioning for Musical Theatre will also be considered for the BFA Acting program. Specific guidelines detailing pre-screen requirements may be found on the Millikin University GetAcceptd page.
Those wishing to interview for our BFA Design and Production or Stage Management degree programs will receive instructions on how to schedule an interview upon acceptance from the Office of Admission. Students applying for these programs do not need to submit pre-screen materials.
Information on the application process may be found on the School of Theatre and Dance How To Apply page. Detailed information on live audition and interview requirements maybe found at:
International Student Applications
International students must also apply to and be accepted by the Millikin Office of Admission prior to submitting audition materials. Once accepted, international students wishing to be considered for our BFA Acting or Musical Theatre programs may elect to use their Get Acceptd pre-screen materials as their official audition. International students wishing to interview for our BFA Design & Production or Stage Management degree programs will receive instructions on how to schedule an interview upon acceptance by the Office of Admission.
The application process for international students is slightly different than for US citizens. Detailed information on international application requirements may be found at our International Applicants Page.
Theatre and Dance Campus Audition Dates and Pre-screen Submission Deadlines
Friday, November 15, 2019 - (pre-screen materials deadline is October 11)
Monday, January 20, 2020 - (prescreen materials deadline is November 30)
Sunday, February 16, 2020 - (prescreen materials deadline is December 30)
Monday, February 17, 2020 - (prescreen materials deadline is December 30)
Saturday, March 21, 2020 - (prescreen materials deadline is February 1)
A typical on-campus audition day will begin with check-in at 8 am and conclude by 3:30 pm. The end time may vary based on the number of auditions scheduled that day.
Chicago Audition/Interview Dates and Pre-screen Submission Deadlines
Students interviewing for our BFA Stage Management or BFA Design and Production programs are highly encouraged to do so in-person. On-Campus interviews may be scheduled during our performance audition days or most days classes are in session. In the event you are not able to interview on campus, a SKYPE interview may be granted. Please contact our our Audition and Interview Coordinator for details.
- International students
- US citizens living outside the "Lower 48" (This includes but is not limited to those living in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, the USVI, Guam, internatioanl military bases, etc...)
- Broadway Dreams alumni
- Students who received a callback at the 2019 National Thespian Festival College Auditions or at the Musical Theatre Kansas City Showcase.
If you qualify for one of these exemptions, you may use your GetAcceptd submission as your audition. While we do accept qualified students to our BFA porgrams based on their video auditions, an in-person audition is ALWAYS preferred.
- Audition appointments are limited. Acceptance to Millikin University by the Office of Admission does not guarantee an audition appointment. As invitations for auditions will be offered in the order pre-screen submissions are received, we recommend submitting your application as early as possible.
- Once we have filled all audition appointments for each audition day, a waitlist will be started. If you need to cancel or change your audition time, we request a minimum of two weeks notice so those on the waitlist can be informed with enough time to make make travel arrangements to our campus. Those who are waitlisted will be informed of an opening as soon as one becomes available.
- Interviews may be scheduled any day classes are in session and/or the appropriate faculty members are on campus. Please contact our Audition and Interview Coordinator to arrange your interview.