Division of Enrollment Management
Position Title: Student Financial Services Representative
Department: Student Financial Services (SFS)
FLSA Category: Non-Exempt
- Reports to: Director of Student Financial Services
- Works Closely with: Office of Admission, Business Office, Registrar’s Office, Information Technology, Office of Alumni and Development
- Directly Supervises: N/A
The Office of Student Financial Services serves as the University’s one-stop-shop for all University financial services to students, parents, and employees. The SFS Representative will serve as front-line support for financial transactions in the form of payments on account and departmental deposits. The SFS representative will provide primary consultation in regard to student and employee billing/accounts, University meal plan and book vouchers as well as student financial aid. This position requires applying knowledge of basic cashiering and account balancing rules as well as student financial aid regulatory requirements in an administrative support role.
All employees are expected to uphold the values of the University. At Millikin University, we value:
- Intellectual and creative inquiry
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility
- Dignity and respect for all persons
- Integrity and responsibility
- Honest, open dialogue and reflection
- Advancement of the common good
- Responsible for customer service support and assistance which includes, answering a high volume of incoming inquiries (call, walk-in and e-mail) from current and prospective students and parents in regard to general University account and student financial aid information. Serve as primary contact for employee account inquiries. Responsible for maintaining a high level of customer service and confidentiality while providing timely response to inquiries.
- Responsible for providing cashiering functions for the University. This includes check cashing, payment posting and issuance of receipt, recording of departmental deposits and balancing a cash drawer daily.
- Responsible for monitoring assigned student accounts for timely payment and delinquency status that requires recording of due diligence and communication to student/family in regard to University account.
- Provide administrative support for student financial aid processing to include tracking of loan applications, financial aid requirements and verification documents, recording of outside scholarship payments, or other duties as assigned for timely processing of student financial aid.
- Responsible for timely and accurate recordkeeping and filing of any pertinent data and/or documents related to a student, employee or University account or student financial aid records.
- Serves as liaison to University Departments and University-related agencies that provide service and/or support related to student account and financial aid processing.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director or Assistant Director of Student Financial Services.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent professional experience
Experience: Three years of pertinent experience working in cash handling, data management and reconciliation with customer service. Preferably student financial services, in a higher education setting.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Familiarity with computerized accounting/administrative and student information systems; Banner experience helpful
- Proficiency with spreadsheet, word processing, database and other PC-based software tools
- Strong analytical, organizational, inter-personal and management skills
- High ethical values and integrity to handle confidential information
- Knowledge of federal (Title IV) and state regulations related to financial aid
- Ability to prioritize in a complex environment, while successfully managing multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong customer service and problem resolution skills
- Heavy use of personal computer keyboard and mouse; ten-key
- Requires attention to detail and ability to multi-task due to volume of work and dynamic environment
- Typical working conditions found in most administrative work areas
- Extended periods in seated position
- Scheduling flexibility is required to accommodate changing business needs
- Position often requires extended hours
- Periodic travel
- High integrity to handle confidential information
Hazards: Little or no exposure to hazards
Questions about Employment at millikin?
Fill out a form, and a Millikin staff or faculty member will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you.