The Writing Center is closed for the summer and will reopen in August. We will remain online for F2020 and continue to conduct our appointments via Zoom. You can find instructions on the appointment form in our icon in myMillikin. Stay tuned for more details!
As of F2020, our new location will be SH211!
Enjoy a relaxing and safe summer!
Like working with a specific tutor? Check our schedule to find out when they're working!
New to Millikin? Not understanding all that new terminology you're hearing around campus? You need Millispeak! Click below to decipher those new acronyms and terms! You're one of us now!
Hours of Operation
Monday: noon-9 p.m.
Tuesday: noon-9 p.m.
Wednesday: noon-9 p.m.
Thursday: noon-9 p.m.
Sunday: 5-9 p.m.
Download the schedule for our Writing Consultants.
How to Schedule an Appointment
- Go to your myMillikin
- Click on The Writing Center icon on the right of the screen:
- The first time you do this, you will need to register first. A brief form will appear--fill out your name and ID. Leave ALL notifications on YES. You will then be taken to the calendar.
- Click on the date and time you want
- An appointment form will appear.
- Fill it out--make sure the time is correct
- Select the correct course
- Enter/describe your assignment.
- Click on Create Appointment
- You will receive confirmation of your appointment AND a reminder the day before.
- You will also receive a Zoom "invitation" email from your tutor. Just click on the link!
IMPORTANT: YOU CAN NOW CANCEL YOUR OWN APPOINTMENT! Just go to the calendar and click on the Cancel tab and follow the instructions.
- 1-7 page paper: schedule 30 min.
- 8-12 page paper: schedule an hour; 12+ pages will need multiple sessions/visits.
What to have in front of you:
A copy of your assignment
- Any other course materials that might help
- A hard of your draft if it's needed
Fall 2020 Tutor Schedule