College of Fine Arts Scholarships for Theatre and Dance
The School of Theatre and Dance annually awards a number of scholarships to high-achieving prospective students seeking a Bachelor of Arts degree in Theatre and Performance Studies. These competitive scholarships are based on academic performance and potential, as well as an applicant’s suitability for the unique rigors of a Bachelor of Arts degree.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum high school GPA of 3.0 (or equivalent)
- Past experience in at least two aspects of the performance or production of live theatre/performing arts, including (but not limited to) any of the following positions: performer, musician (band, choir, orchestra, jazz band, etc...), stagehand, technician, director, dramaturg, writer, stage manager, house manager, or any another theatre related positions
In addition to meeting the above criteria, interested applicants must electronically submit the following:
- An analytical paper of at least three pages submitted for a high school English or history course
- A short essay (400-600 words) addressing the following prompt: How can you imagine using the opportunities of the Bachelor of Arts degree in Theatre and Performance Studies degree program to shape your own unique path through four years of college at Millikin?
Finally: BA Scholarship applicants must participate in an interview with members of the School of Theatre and Dance faculty. These interviews typically take about 15-30 minutes and can be conducted in-person during a campus visit or via Zoom.
- Individually Scheduled with Faculty
All application materials are due one week prior to the interview date and should be submitted to Jenmoore@millikin.edu
- Application deadline - May 30
Interviews may be scheduled by contacting Jennifer Moore at Jenmoore@millikin.edu.
Students who are pursuing studies in one of our BFA programs may qualify for either a College of Fine Arts Scholarship or the prestigious Dean's Scholarship for Excellence. These talent based scholarships are awarded after the audition, interview, and/or portfolio review process is complete. All students who audition or interview for one of our BFA programs are automatically considered for these scholarships. No additional application is necessary. Scholarship amounts will be detailed in the official School of Theatre and Dance acceptance letter. BFA Scholarships are renewed each year a student remains enrolled in the College of Fine Arts.
Millikin University offers a number of additional scholarships each requiring unique qualifications. For a list of scholarships, their qualifications, and their application deadline dates, please follow the link below.
Millikin/Broadway Dreams Scholarship
The Millikin/Broadway Dreams Scholarship is a four-year, full tuition scholarship established in 2016. The scholarship offers a talented Braodway Dreams Alumnus who may not otherwise have the resources to continue their training at the university level, a path to following their dream of becoming a working professional in the highly competitive national theatre community. For eligibility and application requirements, please follow the link below.