College of Fine Arts Scholarships for Theatre
The School of Theatre and Dance awards five scholarships annually to high-achieving prospective Bachelor of Arts students in Theatre & Dance. These are competitive scholarships based on academic performance and potential, as well as an applicant’s suitability for the unique rigors of a Bachelor of Arts in Theatre.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum high school GPA of 3.2 (or equivalent)
- ACT Composite score of 25 OR SAT Critical Reading + Math combined score of 1150
- Past experience in at least two aspects of the performance or production of live theatre/the performing arts, including (but not limited to) acting, choir, dance, band/orchestra, backstage technician, director, dramaturg, writer, stage manager, or any other position
In addition to meeting the above criteria, interested applicants must electronically submit the following:
- An analytical paper of at least three pages submitted for a high school English or history course
- A short essay (400-600 words) addressing the following prompt: How can you imagine using the opportunities of a Bachelor of Arts in Theatre degree program to shape your own unique path through four years of college at Millikin?
Finally: B.A. Scholarship applicants must participate in an interview with members of the Theatre and Dance faculty. These interviews typically take about 15 minutes and may be conducted via Skype.
- Interviews may be scheduled by contacting Jennifer Moore at 217.424.6282
- Interview dates are February 7 & 28, and March 28 between the hours of 1pm 5pm (central time) via SKYPE
- Written materials should be submitted to email@example.com at least one week prior to your interview.
Students who are pursuing studies in one of our B.F.A. programs may qualify for either a College of Fine Arts Scholarship or the prestigious Dean's Scholarship for Excellence. Recommendations for these talent based scholarships are made after the audition, interview and/or portfolio review process is complete. Scholarship amounts will be detailed in the official School of Theatre and Dance acceptance letter. B.F.A. Scholarships are renewed each year a student remains enrolled in the College of Fine Arts.