College of Fine Arts Scholarships for Theatre and Dance
The School of Theatre and Dance annually awards a number of scholarships to high-achieving prospective students seeking a Bachelor of Arts degree in Theatre. These competitive scholarships are based on academic performance and potential, as well as an applicant’s suitability for the unique rigors of a Bachelor of Arts degree.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum high school GPA of 3.2 (or equivalent)
- ACT Composite score of 25 OR SAT Critical Reading + Math combined score of 1150
- Past experience in at least two aspects of the performance or production of live theatre/the performing arts, including (but not limited to) acting, choir, dance, band/orchestra, backstage technician, director, dramaturg, writer, stage manager, or any other position
In addition to meeting the above criteria, interested applicants must electronically submit the following:
- An analytical paper of at least three pages submitted for a high school English or history course
- A short essay (400-600 words) addressing the following prompt: How can you imagine using the opportunities of a Bachelor of Arts in Theatre degree program to shape your own unique path through four years of college at Millikin?
Finally: BA Scholarship applicants must participate in an interview with members of the Theatre and Dance faculty. These interviews typically take about 15 minutes and will be conducted via Skype.
- February 17, 2020
- March 30, 2020
All application materials are due one week prior to your scheduled interview and should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application deadline for the February 17th interview date - February 10, 2020
- Application deadline for the March 30th interview date - March 23, 2020
All interviews will be conducted between the hours of 1:00 pm and 5:00 pm (central time) via SKYPE
Interviews may be scheduled by contacting Melissa Cobb at email@example.com. Please include your SKYPE user name when scheduling your interview.
Students who are pursuing studies in one of our BFA programs may qualify for either a College of Fine Arts Scholarship or the prestigious Dean's Scholarship for Excellence. Recommendations for these talent based scholarships are made after the audition, interview, and/or portfolio review process is complete. Scholarship amounts will be detailed in the official School of Theatre and Dance acceptance letter. BFA Scholarships are renewed each year a student remains enrolled in the College of Fine Arts.
Millikin University offers a number of additional scholarships each requiring unique qualifications. For a list of scholarships, their qualifications, and their application deadline dates, visit the Millikin Scholarships & Grants page.