The mission of the College of Fine Arts Patrons Society is to bring together individuals who believe in the unique power of the fine and performing arts to make a better world, and who support the students, teachers, and academic programs in Millikin’s College of Fine Arts.
Your membership in the Patrons Society supports experiences that extend beyond the classroom, and for which program operating budgets are often inadequate. These opportunities may include:
- Student travel, special projects, and engagement with the arts and artists off-campus; including arts conferences, competitions, visits to galleries and museums, and important performances
- Guest-artists visiting Decatur and Millikin’s campus for workshops, residencies, masterclasses, performances, and exhibitions
- New equipment and evolving technologies within the fine and performing arts that students utilize as working professionals
In the past, the Patrons Society has provided support for:
- Dance students attending and performing at the American College Dance Association’s annual conference
- The School of Music’s Latin Jazz Project performing, by special invitation, in Cuba at an international jazz festival
- Music Industry Studies students traveling to Memphis and Nashville to experience, firsthand, professional recording sessions
- Hosting Broadway stars and MU alums, Lavon Fisher-Wilson and Sierra Boggess, for masterclasses and public performances
- Hosting multi-media artist and alum, Craig Dongoski, and international opera star and alum, Alan Held
- Hosting internationally-renowned recording artists Alison Krauss, Victor Krauss and Kyle Lenning
- Replacing outdated audio, lighting, and video equipment with state-of-the-art digital systems in Millitrax Recording Studios, Albert Taylor Theatre, Kirkland Fine Arts Center, and the Media Arts Center
Membership in the Patrons Society offers the following benefits:
- Special events, talks, and receptions with guest artists
- Backstage tours and behind-the-scenes insights into the creative process
- Complimentary tickets to selected performances
- E-subscription to Arts@Millikin, an information-packed monthly newsletter featuring all-things art at MU
Please consider becoming a member of the Patrons Society by making a donation to the College of Fine Arts area of greatest need, or designated to specific academic programs in the School of Music, the School of Theatre and Dance, the Art Department, and the Arts Technology Department.
Join Today Wish List Membership Roster
Give by mail:
Millikin University Patrons Society
1184 W. Main St.
Decatur, IL 62522
Thank you. Your generosity makes a Millikin arts education distinctive, and enhances the quality of life in the Decatur community!