Learn More, Get Ahead with Millikin Immersion Courses
Immersion courses are a very convenient way for current students, high school students, or community members to take courses that can result in new skills, knowledge, or a way to build up college credit in a short amount of time. Millikin offers a wide range of course offerings, including online and travel courses.
Download the 2020 January Immersion Bulletin brochure.
Who's taking Immersion courses?
- Millikin students who want to get ahead on credits, raise their GPA, or improve a grade by repeating a course over the summer/winter term
- Incoming freshmen
- Community members interested in adult enrichment education (i.e. Driver Education), or who just want to learn something new
- Students attending other universities, but who'd like to earn credits while home for break
- Wednesday, November 6, 2019 – Registration begins for Immersion term
- Last day to register for January Immersion classes will be the day before the class starts.
- Monday, December 23, 2019 – Immersion term begins (see course descriptions for actual start and end dates for classes).
Registration for Millikin students may be completed in person at the Registrar's Office (Gorin Hall) or through MUOnline beginning Wednesday, November 6, 2019. Payment may be mailed or made in person at the Office of Student Financial Services in Shilling Hall, Room 119.
Non-Millikin students should register using the Immersion Registration Form.
Be sure to list your first-choice courses and alternate choices by course reference number (CRN). Please list your alternate course preference, in case of cancelation due to low enrollment.
Students who are seeking classroom accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act should submit documentation to the Office of Student Success at the time of registration.
Registration for classes establishes a financial obligation to Millikin University. If there is no financial aid available for the Immersion term, bills must be paid before the first day of class. Millikin University reserves the right to cancel courses due to low enrollment. Email the Registrar’s Office for more information.
Tuition and Other Charges
Scheduled one credit courses $499
Scheduled two credit courses $998
Scheduled three credit courses $1497
Scheduled four credit courses $1996
Independent/Directed Studies/ Internships $499/credit
University-wide comprehensive fee $22/credit
Adult Education (non-transcript adults) $167/credit (or $500 for a 3-credit course)
For more detailed information, download the 2019 Immersion Bulletin.