Millikin Cello Day
October 28, 2017
Perkinson Music Center
Prof. Amy Catron and Prof. Ruth Marshall, Cello faculty
Cello Day is an intensive program for intermediate to advanced cellists of all ages. Participants are expected to bring one or two specific goals to achieve and we will provide tools and tips for advancement.
Special guests to include Dr. Eric Lenz, Director School of Music SIUC, and the Big Grove Cello Ensemble with Samuel Araya.
Early bird discount $60, if enrolled by September 8, 2017
- 9:30am: Welcome and registration
- 10am-10:30am: Warm-ups, ice breakers, and games/practice techniques; All students meet with faculty in Room 110
- 10:30-11:00: Individual practice time and mini lessons; Prof. Catro, Dr. Lenz, and Ms. Marshall will be checking in with students, monitoring their practice and giving short mini-lessons.
- 11:00-11:50: Masterclass for participants in Kaeuper Hall
- 11:50- 12:50: Lunch and extra practice time for all participants; Please notify us in advance of any dietary restrictions
- 1:00- 1:45 Big Grove Cello Ensemble and Faculty recital
- 2:00-2:20: Cello Choir rehearsal
- 2:30-3:00: Practice and prepare for final concert
- 3:00-4:00: Final Honors Concert and Cello Choir Performance, Pictures and Goal Assessment.
- Cookie reception and Good-bye until next year
Faculty reserve the right to dismiss any participant who is in possession of weaponry or illegal drugs, or who is disrespectful or otherwise disruptive during the events. Any medical costs incurred during the day will be billed to the primary parent or guardian of the participant.Millikin and it’s Faculty are not responsible for any loss or damage of property or injury during Millikin Cello Day. Students are expected to bring their own instrument, bow and rock stop and to bring a positive attitude and willingness to learn.