Connecting Students and Employers
Each year, Millikin hosts several campus career fairs where we have the opportunity to showcase the skills, talents, and experiences of our students. We hope that you'll consider joining us for one or more of these events.
About Millikin University
Why participate in career fairs?
The process of recruiting qualified employees can be costly, time-consuming, and frustrating. Career fairs are an efficient and effective way to screen many candidates in a relatively short period of time. We are convinced that you will find that our students and alumni are among the best and brightest of the Midwest!
Our career fairs give you the opportunity to:
- Meet qualified, well-prepared Millikin University students and alumni who are seeking full-time job opportunities
- Meet with students seeking information about internship and career opportunities
- Interact with our faculty and staff
- Obtain resumes and informally interview or screen candidates
- Promote your organization to the Millikin University community
If your organization would like to attend one of our career fairs and you are not currently on our mailing list, please email us at email@example.com
Part-Time Job Fair
Tuesday, August 22, 2017
11:30- 1:00 pm
Fall Internship & Job Fair
Tuesday, September 12, 2017
Noon - 2:30 pm
- Employers may set up beginning at 10:00 am, see below for parking and other details.
- Registration fee of $110 ($75 for non-profits) includes brunch and afternoon refreshments.
- This event is open to all majors.
Graduate & Professional School Fair
Friday, October 20, 2017
Noon- 2:30 pm
- School representatives may set up beginning at 10:00 am, see below for parking and other details.
- Registration fee of $50 includes lunch.
- Our Graduate & Professional School Fair is open to students from other area colleges and universities.
Healthcare & Wellness Career Fair
Wednesday, November 8
3:30 pm - 5:00 pm
- Employers may set up beginning at 1:30 pm, see below for parking and other details.
- Registration fee of $110 includes refreshments.
Note: All events are open to all Millikin students and alumni unless otherwise noted above.
Millikin University Career Center will also be coordinating and co-sponsoring CareerFest in the Chicagoland area (Moraine Valley Community College) on Friday, February 16, 2018. This event will include students and alumni from over 18 small, private institutions in Illinois. If you would like information on this event, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration will open in early September.
For Online Payment: Credit card link: Submit payment electronically. Payment is due before the fair using your Visa, MasterCard, or Discover.
Make checks payable to:
1184 West Main
Decatur, IL 62522
Before the Fair:
Send fair materials/displays so they arrive at Millikin at least one day prior to the fair.
Attn: Career Center, SH103 (Fair Materials)
1184 West Main Street
Decatur, Il 62522
After the Fair:
If you wish to ship your fair materials/displays after the fair, please do the following:
- Complete all of your shipping forms.
- Attach the completed shipping forms to all containers to be shipped.
- CALL your shipping provider with the instructions for pick up.
- After the fair, your representatives must ensure that a Career Center representative is aware you are shipping these items so we can get them to our University Services mailroom for shipment.
You may pull up in the former Mills parking lot off of Oakland Ave. to drop off materials. Please refer to the campus map for more details. Volunteers will be waiting to assist you.
After dropping off materials, proceed around the north side of campus to the KFAC (Kirkland Fine Arts Center) parking lot off of Fairview Ave. View campus map here
Be sure to put the parking pass you received via email in your front window.
Please note that you may be ticketed for parking in undesignated parking areas or in loading zones, along curbs, or in restricted areas.