Fall 2023 Housing Assignment & Move-In Information
You will have access to your housing assignment on your myMillikin page on July 17, using “Housing Information” icon under the Academics tab. Your residence hall assignment designates your residence hall and roommate information for the 2023-2024 academic year.
If you received information at Orientation in June, your information may have changed. Please note that this information is subject to change, and changing student information may affect your placement. We encourage you to contact your listed roommate by logging into your Millikin email and typing their name in the “To” line.
Also starting on July 17, you may sign up for a move-in date and time.
*Please note: if you are moving into The Woods, that information will be shared separately, and you should refer to that email for more information on your move-in dates.
Move-ins will be completed by residence hall floor, first-come, first-served, according to early arrival programs. Please list your two move-in helpers in the comments of the signup.
*Please note that Football Move-In was changed to August 6.
- Sunday, August 6
- 9 a.m.-11 a.m. – Long Vanderburg Scholars for Academy
- 9 a.m.-1 p.m. – EDGE Program and First-Year Football
- Sunday, August 13: Reserved for Special Circumstances
- If you have a scheduling concern or an issue which prevents you from moving in on August 14 or 15, please email Nicole DeLiberis at firstname.lastname@example.org to detail your request in writing for approval to move in on this day instead. You must be approved to receive the sign up link for this day.
- Monday, August 14
- 9 a.m.-1 p.m. – First-Year Honors and First-Year Fall-Only Sports (golf, soccer, track, cross country and volleyball)
- Tuesday, August 15: All Remaining Students
Plan for Each Move-In Day on August 6, 13, 14 & 15:
Arrival Location: University Commons lobby
Students and loved ones may come in, but this process will not take more than 10-15 minutes and will begin no earlier than 9 a.m. We ask you to wait until your move-in time to check in and begin the process; early move-ins will not be permitted without prior written approval.
At check-in, students will be required to:
- Check in with name and personal information.
- Upload vaccination records, if not already complete.
- Resolve any scheduling or billing concerns and validate for the semester.
- In order to activate your ID card and meal plan, please be sure to Validate your Registration. You may do this prior to arrival.
After check-in, you may head to your residence hall where you will be greeted by one of our Campus Life staff members. During this time, we ask that you electronically sign your Room Condition Report. This report will be reviewed upon your departure at the end of the year to determine any damage or losses.
We will have limited carts and student volunteers available while the Resident Assistants complete move-in tasks with new students. To move traffic along at the residence halls, you will be asked to drop off your belongings and move your vehicle. It is also strongly suggested that you label your personal belongings.
- New Student Welcome Week events begin at 4 p.m. on August 15 with dinner with your Student Experience Ambassador (SEA). New Student Welcome Week is a mandatory program for new students.
- Classes start on Monday, August 21. The full academic calendar can be found on the Registrar's website.
- Residential and student conduct policies can be found online in our Guide to Millikin. This publication contains information on what to expect as a new student from your life on campus at Millikin, as well as a list of things to bring or leave behind when coming to campus. Please take the time to read through this material as you are responsible for upholding the policies and standards as detailed in the manual.
Questions? Contact the Office of Campus Life at 217.424.6395 or email@example.com. We look forward to seeing you soon!
- Sunday, August 6