Big Blue Access: Millikin's Online Bookstore
At Millikin University, students don't need to make separate purchases for textbooks—it’s all included!
Created in partnership with Akademos, Inc., and powered by TextbookX, Millikin's Big Blue Access course materials program is an innovative, personalized, and affordable solution for students. At the start of each qualifying term, all students will receive all the physical and digital course materials they need in order to succeed.
Here’s how it works:
- Faculty select the course materials they want to use and submit it through the online bookstore website. Akademos then sources the materials in physical and digital formats.
- Students are automatically enrolled in the program with the option to opt out. Once registered for the upcoming term, materials are compiled with physical textbooks mailed to campus while digital course material access information is emailed. You can then pick up and access materials on the first day of class without having to place individual orders or pay out of pocket.
- The cost is included on your student account and calculated on a flat fee per student at $23 per credit hour, regardless of how much each individual textbook costs.
What actions do students need to take?
Not much at all!
1. Check out your course list at millikin.textbookx.com to see what materials you’ll receive. Remember to log in with your myMillikin account to view your personalized page.
2. Pick up any physical texts (dates and locations will be provided soon). You must have a photo ID with you.
3. If you are receiving digital access materials, details on how to access these materials will be sent to your Millikin email three days before classes begin.
Contact millikin.textbookx.com/help if you have any questions.
You do not need to take any actions to ensure that your materials are delivered. The bookstore will know what materials you need and deliver physical items to campus while digital course material access information will be emailed as well as listed in your bookstore eLibrary account for future reference.
- Pick up physical items: If items were delivered to campus, pick up physical texts at the University Commons. Email and text reminders will also be sent.
- Access digital materials: You will be emailed access information for your digital materials. Depending on the item, you may access the materials through your LMS, through a publisher’s website, or through VitalSource.
- Log into the website before every major term to see what materials you will receive. This is especially important so that you know which of your items are physical and which are digital.
Opt Out Details for Fall Semester:
- Students can choose to opt out of the program from July 27 until August 27. To do so, visit the website, log in with your student account, click "my courses" and then click the "opt out" option.
- If you opt out, you will be responsible for obtaining your course materials on your own. Textbooks will not be kept in stock to sell on campus.
- If you choose to opt out, your September bill will reflect the fees that were removed. Students will be charged if materials are not returned.
- If you opt out after books have been shipped or have been picked up, they must be returned by 4 p.m. on August 28 or your account will be charged the per credit fee. Return the books to the Performance Suite (Room 336 in the University Commons).
- High-quality, low-cost course materials for all of your registered classes
- One flat fee for books regardless of course, major, or material format
- Students are allowed to keep their books