Gifts to Annual Scholarships help ensure a quality education for students who might otherwise be unable to afford to attend Millikin University - 99% of students receive some form of financial aid from the University.
For our current fiscal year, which runs July 1, 2021, to June 30, 2022, our goal is to raise $665,000 for the Millikin Fund. Each dollar makes a difference, and gifts of any amount are appreciated. You can even double or triple the impact of your gift to this important fund if you or your spouse work for or are retired from a matching gift company.
What are Annual Scholarships?
Annual Scholarships significantly reduce financial obstacles for students, making Millikin University's educational experience accessible across all our academic units including the College of Professional Studies, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Fine Arts, and the Tabor School of Business. Every student at Millikin benefits from some form of financial aid, ensuring cost does not hinder their path to success. You are welcome to designate your gift to the general Annual Scholarships fund or toward annual scholarships for any of the four colleges.
Your Annual Scholarship Support:
- Creates Opportunity: Your contribution opens doors for students who may not otherwise have access to private, higher education.
- Improves Achievement: Scholarships help students focus on their studies and excel academically, unburdened by financial stress.
- Retains Talent: By offering scholarships, we attract and retain talented students, maintaining our standard of academic excellence.
- Builds Leaders: You support the development of our future leaders, innovators and visionaries who will shape a more just, equitable and sustainable society.
Ways to Give
- Securely online: Go to millikin.edu/give. This is also the easiest way to set up recurring gifts (monthly, quarterly, yearly).
- By Mail: Send a check made out to Millikin University with your designation in the memo section and mail it to –
Millikin Alumni and Development Office
1184 W. Main St.
Decatur, IL 62522
- Other types of gifts: Millikin accepts gifts of stocks/securities, IRA distributions and real estate donations through a Donor-Advised Fund and other giving methods. To learn more, call the Millikin Alumni and Development Office at 217-424-6383 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make your gift go further. Check with your employer to see if your company matches gifts made by employees and retirees. Additionally, consider including Millikin in your will with a legacy gift. For more information about this free service, visit bit.ly/freewillmu.