University Accreditation Status
Millikin University has been accredited since 1914 by what is now the Higher Learning Commission: A commission of the North Central Association.
The most recent reaffirmation of HLC accreditation was 2016-2017 and can be found at Higher Learning Commission's Statement of Affiliation Status for Millikin University. For further information regarding Millikin’s HLC accreditation, contact the Higher Learning Commission at 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, Illinois 60604-1411. You may also reach them by phone at 312-263-0456.
Stakeholders wishing to speak to an individual who can direct their questions and/or concerns to the appropriate institutional contact may call Diane Lane (217-362-6416) who serves as the University's Ombudsperson.
In addition to being accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, several programs hold discipline-specific accreditations.
- The School of Music, in the College of Fine Arts, is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music.
- The Athletic Training Education program, in the Exercise Science & Sport Department within the College of Professional Studies, is accredited by and in good standing with the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE).
- The School of Nursing
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing, master's degree in nursing, and Doctor of Nursing Practice program at Millikin University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu/ccne-accreditation).
- The Millikin University and Decatur Memorial Hospital Nurse Anesthesia Program is accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs (COA), 222 S. Prospect Ave., Park Ridge, Illinois 60068, 847-655-1160.
- The Tabor School of Business is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).