Strategic Plan2023 - 2027
Millikin’s Strategic Plan, “The Millikin Difference,” 2023-2027, will take us to the next level of articulating our distinct brand and strengths as a comprehensive University committed to student success and academic excellence. Our plan demonstrates how data-driven decisions will propel Millikin’s success into the future and envisions a Millikin of tomorrow where Performance Learning abounds to develop graduates that excel personally and professionally, where our campus community is strategically engaged with industry and community, where all who engage with Millikin are welcomed, and where Millikin demonstrates the fiscal ability to steward these goals in perpetuity.
For all who aspire to achieve, Millikin delivers on the promise of excellence in education. Through the integration of theory and practice, we prepare students for professional success, democratic citizenship in a global environment and a personal life of meaning and value.
Millikin graduates will be leaders in creating a more wise, just, equitable and sustainable society.
- Intellectual and creative inquiry
- Inclusion, diversity, equity and accessibility
- Dignity and respect for all persons
- Integrity and responsibility
- Honest, open dialogue, and reflection
- Advancement of the common good
Build a Sustainable Financial Model
We will commit to optimizing our operations, engaging in fiscal responsibility, identifying alternative revenue sources and investing in our human resources to strengthen Millikin University’s financial health and sustainability
1. Invest in a comprehensive and integrated marketing and enrollment strategy.
2. Implement effective and efficient budget management practices.
3. Design compensation and development models that support the success and retention of quality faculty and staff.
4. Implement a comprehensive and intentional fundraising strategy that identifies and cultivates the next generation of donors, while supporting existing giving.
Nurture a Welcoming & Inclusive Campus
We will take active steps to become a more inclusive and welcoming campus, ensuring that our campus culture and climate are fully aligned with our core values of inclusion, diversity, equity and accessibility. We will seek to attract and retain diverse talent across campus and create a sense of belonging for all who are a part of our community.
1. Intentionally revise policies and procedures to promote inclusive excellence across campus.
2. Actively recruit, retain and invest in faculty, staff and students from historically marginalized backgrounds.
3. Foster a sense of belonging for all who engage with Millikin.
Advance Academic Excellence
We will advance our distinctive brand of Performance Learning by focusing on holistic student success, evaluating and strengthening of our current academic programs and support services, and investing in new, market-driven programs that result in increased professional success for our students.
1. Advance academic excellence.
2. Recommit to and invest in the Performance Learning model of education at Millikin.
3. Strategically invest in the growth and development of academic programs.
4. Foster a learning environment that is supportive of academic excellence.
Invigorate Community Partnerships
We will re-establish Millikin University as Decatur’s University by identifying and prioritizing strategic opportunities that align community needs with University resources for mutual benefit. We will actively partner with local industry and organizations to connect our students, faculty, staff and alumni with meaningful service and education opportunities in Macon County and beyond.
1. Invigorate community partnerships
2. Increase engagement opportunities with local and regional PK-12 students and their families
3. Intentionally serve and connect to regional and national partners
4. Intentionally engage with our global community