The Writing Center is closed for the summer and will reopen in September. Stay tuned for details, and have a wonderful, safe summer!
New to Millikin? Not understanding all that new terminology you're hearing around campus? You need Millispeak! Click below to decipher those new acronyms and terms! You're one of us now!
University Commons 338
Hours of Operation
Monday: noon-9 p.m.
Tuesday: noon-9 p.m.
Wednesday: noon-9 p.m.
Thursday: noon-9 p.m.
Sunday: 5-9 p.m.
Download the schedule for our Writing Consultants.
How to Schedule an Appointment
- Go to your myMillikin
- Click on The Writing Center icon on the right of the screen:
- The first time you do this, you will need to register first. A brief form will appear--fill out your name and ID. Leave ALL notifications on YES. You will then be taken to the calendar.
- Click on the date and time you want
- An appointment form will appear.
- Fill it out--make sure the time is correct
- Select the correct course
- Enter/describe your assignment.
- Click on Create Appointment
- You will receive confirmation of your appointment AND a reminder the day before.
IMPORTANT: YOU CAN NOW CANCEL YOUR OWN APPOINTMENT! Just go to the calendar and click on the Cancel tab and follow the instructions.
IF YOU DO NOT CANCEL YOUR APPOINTMENT, you will be entered as a no-show. After 3 no-shows, the system will prevent you from making further appointments until next semester.
- 1-7 page paper: schedule 30 min.
- 8-12 page paper: schedule an hour; 12+ pages will need multiple sessions/visits.
What to bring with you
- A copy of your assignment
- Any course materials that might help
- A hard copy of your draft if it's needed
- NO laptops, please!