Writing Center Operations Update: We'll be open!
The Writing Center will resume regular operations on Monday, March 23. Our hours will be the same, and you will make appointments as usual on our calendar; as well, we will continue to notify your professors of your visits. The only change is our method of delivery: we will be using Zoom, which will allow you to interact in real time with your tutor. You will receive an "invitation" via your email that will allow you to "join the meeting." Be sure to have your paper/assignment pulled up and ready to share, as that's easily done on Zoom as long as you have it pulled up ahead of time.
You should all have received information from IT that includes a Moodle Student Handbook and a link to how you are to join your Zoom tutorial/"meeting." The link you received is here. Please review it as you make your appointments:
We look forward to working with you, no matter what the venue! Our goal is to keep everything as normal as possible. Please let us know if you have questions.
New to Millikin? Not understanding all that new terminology you're hearing around campus? You need Millispeak! Click below to decipher those new acronyms and terms! You're one of us now!
University Commons 338
Hours of Operation
Monday: noon-9 p.m.
Tuesday: noon-9 p.m.
Wednesday: noon-9 p.m.
Thursday: noon-9 p.m.
Sunday: 5-9 p.m.
Download the schedule for our Writing Consultants.
How to Schedule an Appointment
- Go to your myMillikin
- Click on The Writing Center icon on the right of the screen:
- The first time you do this, you will need to register first. A brief form will appear--fill out your name and ID. Leave ALL notifications on YES. You will then be taken to the calendar.
- Click on the date and time you want
- An appointment form will appear.
- Fill it out--make sure the time is correct
- Select the correct course
- Enter/describe your assignment.
- Click on Create Appointment
- You will receive confirmation of your appointment AND a reminder the day before.
IMPORTANT: YOU CAN NOW CANCEL YOUR OWN APPOINTMENT! Just go to the calendar and click on the Cancel tab and follow the instructions.
IF YOU DO NOT CANCEL YOUR APPOINTMENT, you will be entered as a no-show. After 3 no-shows, the system will prevent you from making further appointments until next semester.
- 1-7 page paper: schedule 30 min.
- 8-12 page paper: schedule an hour; 12+ pages will need multiple sessions/visits.
What to bring with you
- A copy of your assignment
- Any course materials that might help
- A hard copy of your draft if it's needed
- NO laptops, please!