Graduate students: The Writing Center is open all summer to help with your graduate writing projects!
Undergraduates: The Writing Center is closed for the summer and will reopen on August 22, 2022.
-New: MLA 9th ed. Style Guide--you'll need this! Just click here
Like working with a specific tutor? Check our schedule to find out when they're working!
All undergraduate appointments are conducted online via Zoom.
How to schedule an appointment:
At top of calendar: go to dropdown menu where is says Writing Center Schedule and select Graduate Schedule.
The graduate calendar will appear. The process of making an appointment is the same as in the Appointments tab above.
Appointment hours: MTTh 6-9 p.m.; Wed. 1-4 p.m.
Graduate tutor: Dr. Linda Blevins DNP, MFA, RN, ELS
New to Millikin? Not understanding all that new terminology you're hearing around campus? You need Millispeak! Click on the link below to decipher those new acronyms and terms! You're one of us now!
Hours of Operation
Monday: noon-9 p.m.
Tuesday: noon-9 p.m.
Wednesday: noon-9 p.m.
Thursday: noon-9 p.m.
Sunday: 5-9 p.m.
How to Schedule an Appointment
- Go to your myMillikin
- Click on The Writing Center icon on the right of the screen:
- The first time you do this, you will need to register first. A brief form will appear--fill out your name and ID. Leave ALL notifications on YES. You will then be taken to the calendar.
- Click on the date and time you want
- An appointment form will appear.
- Fill it out--make sure the time is correct
- Select the correct course
- Enter/describe your assignment.
- Click on Create Appointment
- You will receive confirmation of your appointment AND a reminder the day before.
- You will also receive a Zoom "invitation" email from your tutor. Just click on the link!
IMPORTANT: YOU CAN CANCEL YOUR OWN APPOINTMENT--just go to the calendar, click on your appointment, click on the Cancel tab, and follow the instructions.
- 1-7 page paper: schedule 30 min.
- 8-12 page paper: schedule an hour; 12+ pages will need multiple sessions/visits.
What to have in front of you:
A copy of your assignment
- Any other course materials that might help
- A hard of your draft if it's needed
- The tutor will send you an “invitation” with a link on which you can click at any time to accept the Zoom appointment.
- The following explains how to join your Zoom meeting and begin your appointment: