Flexible Learning is designed to help students complete their academic goals.
You are eligible if you have a professional licensure (RN or Educator Licensure) or meet three of the following requirements:
- Student must be age 24 on admission/re-admission to Millikin University
- Student has a dependent other than a spouse
- Student has at least one year identifying themselves as something other than a student
- Are financially independent of parents
- Student intends to work full-time (a minimum of 32 hours) while enrolled in courses at Millikin
If you have fewer than 12 credits or a lower GPA, don’t be discouraged – we’d still like to talk to you!
Admission for first-time students at Millikin
Complete the free online application for admission at www.millikin.edu/apply.
Contact all colleges and universities previously attended and request official transcripts be sent to Millikin either electronically or by mail. The mailing address is:
1184 West Main Street
Decatur, IL 62522
Once the Office of Admission has received your application and transcripts, an admission decision will be made and you will be notified in writing, followed by a phone call from an advisor to set up an advising appointment. To register for classes, a one-time $150 deposit is required. This will be applied directly to tuition and is non-refundable.
Admission for students who have previously attended Millikin as either a traditional or non-traditional student:
Complete an Application for Readmission (www.millikin.edu/registrar --- link for readmission application is on the right side).
The Registrar’s Office will review your request and records and make an admission decision. You will receive a letter from the Registrar with instructions on next steps.
Tuition and fees
|Tuition for the 2017-2018 academic year||$465 per credit hour|
|Books, Supplies, and Lab Fees||Additional expense|
Note: New students are required to pay a one-time $150 deposit, which is applied to the first semester's tuition. Most courses are 3 semester credit hours. Students will average 24 semester credit hours per calendar year. Total tuition costs will vary depending upon the number of credits transferred to Millikin.
A payment plan option is available to all students. You will receive details of the plan in the July billing statement; all subsequent statements for the semester will be available online only. The balance due on a student's account each semester may be paid in up to four installments. To take advantage of the no - interest extended payment option, a processing fee of $50 each semester is assessed to the account and minimum payments of $100 each month are required. Please be aware the full semester balance must be paid by the end of October for the fall term and for the spring term by the end of April. Any questions regarding the billing schedule should be directed to the Student Financial Services Office at 217.424.6317.
Types of payment accepted
- Payment by check may be sent to the address on the billing statement. Please include payment stub with the check to ensure proper credit.
- Payment by Visa, Discover, or Master Card may be made by through the MU Account Suite.
- Payment may be made in person at the Office of Student Financial Services, Room 118, Shilling Hall, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.