Built in 1902 as three separate buildings, Shilling Hall was known as the Liberal Arts Hall until its renovation in 1988. It was renamed in honor of Charles Franklin Shilling, the mayor at the time of Millikin's founding in 1901. Shilling Hall houses administrative offices; the School of Education; the Department of Theatre & Dance; PACE, which is our accelerated adult degree program; and programs from the College of Arts & Sciences. Want to see more? Take a tour of Shilling Hall.