Sports Industry Management and Leadership
The Department of Exercise Science & Sport at Millikin University prepares students to provide leadership within the fields of exercise, fitness, health, and management. Programs are designed to follow educational tracks in strategic support of professional goals, each equipping students with Performance Learning opportunities which combine classroom theory with hands-on field experience.
Our majors allow graduates to receive the education they need to become certified and/or licensed in diverse fields. Here are our majors and a few examples for how they apply to careers.
- Physical Education: Plan and teach developmentally appropriate PE curriculum to K-12 students, Endorsements in Safety and Driver Education, or Health are also available.
- Athletic Training: Assess and manage care of athletes.
- Health Promotion : Be a fitness trainer, sport programs coordinator or recreation program director.
- Sport & Recreation Management: Lead the administration of a sports business or sport organization.
- Nutrition Minor: Prepare yourself for a career in health and human services or health education and health promotion.
Download the Exercise Science & Sport Viewbook