Exercise Science & Sport
The School of Exercise Science & Sport at Millikin University prepares students to provide leadership within the fields of exercise, fitness, health, and management. Programs are designed to follow educational tracks in strategic support of professional goals, each equipping students with Performance Learning opportunities, which combine classroom theory with hands-on field experience.
Our majors allow graduates to receive the education they need to become certified and/or licensed in diverse fields. Here are our majors and a few examples for how they apply to careers.
- Athletic Training: Assess and manage care of athletes.
- Exercise Science: Prepare for graduate studies in related fields and careers in clinical, corporate, commercial, community, and private sector exercise and wellness settings.
- Health Promotion: Prepare for positions in fields focused on the promotion of health, wellness, and disease prevention.
- Physical Education: Plan and teach developmentally appropriate PE curriculum to K-12 students, Endorsements in Safety and Driver Education, or Health are also available.
- Sport & Recreation Management: Lead the administration of a sports business or sport organization.