Sports Industry Management and Leadership
The Department of Exercise Science & Sport at Millikin University prepares professionals to provide leadership for fitness and sport activities, manage in the sport industry, provide care for athletes, and teach physical education in a school setting.
Our majors allow graduates to receive the education they need to become certified and/or licensed in diverse fields. Here are our majors and a few examples for how they apply to careers.
- Physical Education: Plan and teach developmentally appropriate PE curriculum to K-12 students, Endorsements in Safety and Driver Education, or Health are also available.
- Athletic Training: Assess and manage care of athletes.
- Health, Fitness & Recreation: Be a fitness trainer, sport programs coordinator or recreation program director.
- Sport Management: Lead the administration of a sports business or sport organization.
- Nutrition Minor: Prepare yourself for a career in health and human services or health education and health promotion.