Financial Aid for International Students

International students

Merit Awards for International students

No separate application form or process is required for Millikin Merit Scholarships. Millikin’s Merit Awards for international students are based on a combination of academic merit, the potential to contribute to a global campus community, leadership, volunteerism, community service and financial need.

Awards will range from partial to full tuition scholarship. These funds are renewable each year, based on successful continued academic performance.

Additional sources of financial assistance

We have listed some other sources of financial aid

  • Your Embassy in Washington D.C. (either for scholarship funds or information on resources for funding)
  • EducationUSA Advising Center in your country
  • International Student Organization
  • Institution of International Education (IIE)
  • International Student Loan
  • Financial Aid from U.S. Department of Education
  • Peterson’s Education Center - The National Association of Financial Aid Administrators
  • Organization of American States and Leo S. Rowe Panamerican Fund (loans)
  • Phelps-Stokes Fund
  • The National Science Foundation
  • The College Board Online - The Foundation Center
  • A. Patrick Charnon Scholarship, American Association for University Women- International Fellowships
  • American Scandinavian Foundation
  • Asian Cultural Council
  • Credila: India Based Student Loan Lender
  • Edmund S. Muskie Eurasia Fellowship
  • Environmental Research and Education Foundation (EREF)
  • Eurasian Undergraduate Exchange Program (UGRAD)
  • Fulbright Program
  • Josephine de Kármán Fellowship Trust - King Faisal Foundation
  • Microsoft Scholarships
  • Caribbean Students Scholarship Fund, Inc. (for US citizen or PR)


Loans can make it possible for you to study as an international student at Millikin. International student loans are also available. Compare interest rates and terms at several different financial institutions to find the best deal. International students are eligible for private international student loans to study in the United States—as long as you have a U.S. citizen or permanent resident co-sign for you.


If you are coming to the U.S.A. on a F-1 /J-1 visa, you may qualify for 20 hours/week of work on campus. After you are admitted to Millikin University, you will have access to the myMILLIKIN online student portal and you will be able to apply for a job on campus.