2021 Women in Business Virtual Conference
Celebrating Women of the Last Century
Tuesday, March 9, 2021 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Schedule of Events:
- Tips to Prepare Yourself for the Real World - 9:00 a.m.
- Stepping out into the "real world" after college can be nerve-wracking! Tiffany Hill, EY auditor and women's career coach, provides helpful tips on things she wishes she had known sooner. Looking for inspiration? Full of ambition? Searching for solution-focused methods for everyday life? This is the session for you!
- Featured Speaker: Tiffany Hill, Class of 1999
- The Journey of Opening a Small Business - 10:15 a.m.
- Opening a small business takes a lot of hard work and determination; it takes so much more to open during a pandemic! Join 1986 Tabor alumna Gretchen Murphy as she discusses her transition from 30 years in banking to opening Murphy & Company Kitchen and Home Decor in Decatur!
- Featured Speaker: Gretchen Murphy, Class of 1986
- Climbing the Corporate Ladder - 11:15 a.m.
- Do you have career advancement goals or want to learn more about vertical mobility and how to achieve it? Hear from Jamie Gray about her experience interning at State Farm during her time at Tabor, which started her career path toward her current position as financial supervisor at State Farm!
- Featured Speaker: Jamie Gray, Class of 2014
- Overcoming Adversity in the Workplace - 12:15 p.m.
- We have all been through situations that create obstacles or pose challenges in the workplace. Finding ways to cope with, manage and overcome these issues is the key to success. Join us while Amber Kaylor, CEO of Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Illinois, discusses her experience with adversity.
- Featured Speaker: Amber Kaylor, Class of 2006/MBA 2016
- Tabor Alumni Panel - Where Are They Now? - 1:15 p.m.
- Hear from recent Tabor alumni about their journey from the classroom to the workplace.
- Featured Speakers:
- Serena Black, Class of 2020
- Olivia Brewer, Class of 2019
- Haley Hogenkamp, Class of 2017
- Mikayla Krieger, Class of 2020
- Anna Logan, Class of 2020
- Hannah Haaksmith, Class of 2018
Tiffany Hill, Class of 1999
I was born and raised in Decatur and graduated from Millikin as an accounting major. I spent a semester in London my junior year, which opened my eyes to the infinite possibilities in the world and forever changed my life. After graduation, I went to work for EY as an auditor. I moved to London in 2002, where I met my husband and have remained ever since.
A few years after I arrived in London, I took a six-month sabbatical to travel around the world and returned in a learning role. I’ve spent the last 16 years focused on coaching, facilitating and delivering learning to thousands of executives across the globe. At the beginning of this year, I launched a coaching business working with women professionals who are unsure of how to take the next step and who want someone to provide them with the tools and confidence to pursue their dreams so they can thrive. In my spare time, I am cherishing time with my husband and two young daughters, planning our next adventures when the world returns to normality.
Gretchen Henseler Murphy, Class of 1986
Gretchen Henseler Murphy started her career in banking over 30 years ago and held various capacities as marketing director, internal auditor, CFO, business development, commercial lender, and head of retail. In 2019, after her husband passed away, she decided to change her course and open a retail business called Murphy & Company Kitchen and Home Decor. Working with and loving small local businesses over the years guided her in this new endeavor. With the mentoring of another successful small-business owner, Murphy & Co. opened its doors on Dec. 12, 2020. Gretchen has three grown children, and with their help, along with her in-law kids, she is building a brand and is planning on adding more services in 2021. Murphy & Co. strives to provide exceptional customer service and experiences and focuses on the three pillars of: Cooking Made Simple, Entertaining Made Simple, and Decorating Made Simple.
Jamie Rockhold Gray, Class of 2014
Jamie Rockhold Gray is a Finance Manager in the Property and Casualty Analytics department at State Farm. She started at State Farm as an intern during her undergraduate career at Millikin and has worked her way up the ladder since graduating in 2014 with a B.S. in accounting and information systems. Jamie has continued her pursuit of education through the earning of Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU), Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC) and Fellow Life Management Institute (FLMI) designations.
Amber Kaylor, Class of 2006, MBA Class of 2016
Amber Kaylor is the CEO of Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Illinois. The majority of her career has been spent in the nonprofit sector, with her previous roles being president and CEO of Children’s Museum of Illinois and development director for United Way of Decatur & Mid-Illinois. Mrs. Kaylor has a B.S. in business management and organizational leadership, as well as an MBA, both from Millikin University. She sits on the Tabor Dean's Business Council and the boards of other community organizations. Mrs. Kaylor has a deep commitment to community and empowering others to lead.
Tabor Alumni Panel
Serena Black '20
Olivia Brewer '19
Haley Hogenkamp '17
Mikayla Krieger '20
Anna Logan '20
Hannah Haaksmith '18