Food Service Exemption/Notification Request

Millikin University has an exclusive contract with Aramark Dining Services (Millikin Dining) for the production and service of all food and drink items on campus and the right of first refusal on all events at which food/drink is expected to be present. However, we realize, from time to time, that there may be occasions where Millikin Dining either cannot or should not be the food service provider for a number of reasons. It’s important to note that, anytime that there is a plan to provide food or drink on campus that Millikin Dining will not be involved, this form should be completed and approved by the Director of Millikin Dining. Your request will not be considered approved until you receive email confirmation of such.

Exception to this policy:

No exemption/notification request is necessary for SMALL office/organization potlucks where less than 25 people are expected, where the event is considered “private” or internal, and where there is no charge to anyone in attendance for consumption of food or drink.

If you plan to have food served, prepared, or offered that will not be coordinated through Millikin Dining or does not meet the exception above, please review the Food Safety website and complete the information below to make your request:

Planned Date(s) of Event
Event Date
Planned Time(s) of Event
Event Time
Planned Location(s) for Event
Event Location
  • Fundraisers will only be considered for officially-registered student organizations and/or official University departments.
  • You and/or the off-campus vendor/caterer/provider are responsible for food safety and food allergen labeling.
  • The travel time from outside food establishments cannot be longer than 30 minutes.
  • Food must be consumed within 2 hours, including travel time, and then be properly discarded.
I wish to use an external caterer for the following reasons

Note that if you wish to use an external caterer, you must submit a copy of the external catering quote, food service license, as well as a Certificate of Insurance (COI) indemnifying Millikin University in the amount of at least $1 million. Note that all catered food must be prepared in a licensed kitchen. This information must be submitted to the Director of Millikin Dining at least 30 days in advance of the proposed event date.

Note that for give-aways, use of pre-packaged, store-bought, non-potentially hazardous foods (also known as non-time/temperature control for safety foods (non-TCS Foods)) such as chips, crackers, cookies, candy—all of which must be commercially packaged and purchased from a licensed grocery store and that do not require refrigeration or heating—does not require the use of this form.

By entering my initials below and pressing the “Submit” button, I am aware that this is a request only until it is approved in writing by the Director of Millikin Dining. I also agree that I will follow the guidelines in this request and have reviewed the Food Safety website.