FAQs for MacMurray Transfer Students

For additional information and assistance, contact Marianne Taylor, Director of Transfer and Graduate Admission, at mgtaylor@millikin.edu​ or by phone at 217.420.6771.


When should I start talking with Millikin?

It's never too early to start a conversation with us about transferring. Please contact Marianne Taylor, Director of Transfer and Graduate Admission, at mgtaylor@millikin.edu or by phone at 217.420.6771 or Mackenzie Larrick, Transfer Counselor, at mlarrick@millikin.edu or by phone at 217.420.6751 to get the process started.

Required materials to be considered for admission to Millikin as a transfer student:

  • Millikin University Application for Transfer Admission (millikin.edu/apply).
  • MacMurray College transcripts
  • Transcripts from all previously attended colleges and universities from which transfer credit may apply. Unofficial transcripts may be used to initiate the admissions process, but official transcript are required no later than the end of the first semester of study at Millikin University.

GPA Requirements

In general, transfer applicants:

  • Must exhibit a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or higher
  • If interested in pursuing a Nursing degree, please note the cumulative grade point average required is a 3.0 or higher.

Will my program transfer to Millikin?

Many MacMurray College majors will seamlessly transition to Millikin University academic programs, including the following:

  • Accounting
  • Biology
  • Business Management
  • Chemistry
  • Criminal Justice
  • Cybersecurity
  • Digital Media Marketing
  • Education (including a Special Education certificate)
  • Entrepreneurship
  • Finance
  • Human Services
  • International Business
  • Management Information Systems
  • Nursing (BSN)
  • Nursing (RN-BSN)
  • Philosophy
  • Political Science
  • Psychology
  • Sport & Recreation Management
  • Studio Art

Information about MacMurray College academic programs articulated to Millikin University academic programs can be viewed at millikin.edu/macmurraymatch.

Where will I live after I transfer?

Most transfer students live in The Woods at Millikin apartment complex. The Woods at Millikin is a privately-owned complex that partners with Millikin to house over 600 students in luxury apartment-style living. It offers the ultimate living experience for sophomore, junior, and senior students. For more information about The Woods, visit www.thewoodsatmillikin.com.

Students who transfer in with senior-year status will also be offered 50 percent off rent at Millikin’s campus apartment complex – The Woods at Millikin.

What is the MacMurray Match?

Millikin University is fully committed to helping MacMurray College students finish what they started by offering students the “MacMurray Match.” Under this program, students transferring to Millikin will pay the same amount of tuition to Millikin that they were paying to MacMurray.

In order to be considered for the MacMurray Match, students must be accepted for transfer admission to Millikin University and provide proof of their most recent billing statement from MacMurray College. Students will be required to file the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at fafsa.gov and complete necessary verification requirements to be eligible.