Chicago Auditions & Interviews 2022
With the ongoing uncertainty the Covid-19 pandemic presents, our primary concern is to secure the health and safety of our applicants, faculty, staff, and students. Therefore, as of January 20, 2022, the School of Theatre and Dance has made the difficult decision to move our Chicago auditions to a Live Virtual format via the GetAcceptd AuditionRoom. We are working with our partners at GetAcceptd to facilitate this move and hope to have all the necessary components in place to begin scheduling appointments by January 24. All applicants who are currently registered for our Chicago Auditions will be notified directly with instructions on how to secure an appointment. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation as we make this transition.
The School of Theatre and Dance will hold auditions in Chicago in February.
Saturday, February 5, 2022 Session One (2 pm - 6 pm) - Moved to GetAccpetd AuditionRoom
Sunday, February 6, 2022 Session Two (8 am - 12 pm) - Moved to GetAccpetd AuditionRoom
Sunday, February 6, 2022 Session Three (1 pm - 5 pm) - Moved to GetAccpetd AuditionRoom
Pre-screen submission deadline for our Chicago Auditions is November 30, 2021.
Auditions and interviews will be held for the following programs:
- Musical Theatre
- Stage Management
- Design & Production
Students wishing to attend our Chicago auditions/interviews must apply to and be accepted by the Millikin University Office of Admission prior to scheduling an appointment.
Performance Degree Pre-Screen Requirements
Auditions for the School of Theatre and Dance are by invitation. Invitations are extended through a pre-screen process conducted on GetAcceptd.com
- Once admitted to Millikin University, applicants will receive an access code that will permit them to submit their pre-screen materials to GetAcceptd
- Pre-screen submissions will be evaluated in the order in which they are received
- Audition invitations are extended on a rolling basis
- Millikin participates in the Musical Theatre Common Pre-Screen program
- Please visit the Musical Theatre Common Pre-Screen page for specific pre-screen audition requirements
- Specific guidelines detailing the Acting pre-screen requirements can be found on the Millikin University GetAcceptd page or by following the link below to our Audition Requirements page.
- Musical Theatre audition requirements for our on-campus and Chicago auditions vary slightly from the Common Pre-Screen requirements. Please see our Audition Requirements page for details
Scheduling Your Audition
Upon evaluation of your pre-screen materials, invitations to attend our Chicago auditions will be extended through GetAcceptd. Invitations will direct applicants to the GetAcceptd scheduling portal to select a day and session time.
If you are unable to attend our Chicago auditions, please note our on-campus audition dates and pre-screen submission deadlines on our Audition Information page.
Performance auditions will take place during the three sessions listed above. Musical Theatre auditions will take the entire session time. Applicants will perform songs and monologues first, and then move to the dance audition at the end of the session. Those auditioning for our Acting program will be filtered in among the Musical Theatre auditions and may leave once they have performed their monologue(s). Please consult our Audition Requirements page for what to prepare for your audition.
Stage Management and Design & Production interviews will be conducted on Sunday, February 6 and may be scheduled at any time between 8am and 4:30pm. There is no pre-screen requirement for either of these programs. Once you have been admitted, you will be directed to contact our Audition/Interview Coordinator to arrange an interview time. Please consult our Interview Requirements page for what to prepare for your interview.
All questions may be directed to our Audition/Interview Coordinator.
- Map - Chicago Academy for the Arts
- Millikin University School of Theatre & Dance
- Millikin University Office of Admission