Fri., March 5, 2021, 7:30pm to Sun., March 7, 2021, 2:00pm
She Kills Monsters: Virtual Realms
By Qui Nguyen
March 5 at 7:30pm and March 6 and 7 at 2pm
Thu., April 29, 2021, 4:00pm to Sun., May 2, 2021, 4:00pm
Book by Melvin Tunstall III, Music by Michael Thurber and Douglas Lyons, Lyrics by Douglas Lyons
April 29-May 2, 4pm
North Lawn of the Center for Theatre and Dance
Book, Music, and Lyrics by Laurence O’Keefe and Kevin Murphy
Based on the film written by Daniel Waters
A darkly delicious story of misfit Veronica Sawyer and the shoulder-padded, scrunchie-wearing Heathers: the hottest and cruelest girls in all of Ohio. The vicious social order of high school is upset with the entrance of Veronica’s dark and sexy new boyfriend J.D. and his plans to put the Heathers in their place—six feet under.
- Thursday, May 4, 2017 7:30 PM
- Friday, May 5, 2017 7:30 PM
- Saturday, May 6, 2017 2:00 PM & 7:30 PM
- Sunday, May 7, 2017 2:00 PM
By William Shakespeare
When all the world’s a stage, love triangles become quadrangles, and gender-bending, disguises, wooing, betrayal, and song all combine to create one of Shakespeare's most popular romantic comedies. "Love is merely a madness” indeed!
- Thursday, April 6, 2017 7:30 PM
- Friday, April 7, 2017 7:30 PM
- Saturday, April 8, 2017 2:00 PM & 7:30 PM
- Sunday, April 9, 2017 2:00 PM
By Theresa Rebeck
After their mother's death, two estranged half-sisters discover a book of rare stamps that may include the "crown jewel" for collectors. In this gripping tale, a seemingly simple sale becomes dangerous when all the characters are willing to do anything to claim the rare find as their own.
- Thursday, March 23, 2017 7:30 PM
- Friday, March 24, 2017 7:30 PM
- Saturday, March 25, 2017 2:00 PM & 7:30 PM
- Sunday, March 26, 2017 2:00 PM
Join us as we unveil a collection of original works in a live- action art opening. A bare stage is the blank canvas with which the choreographer works. Dancers are her paints. Her imagination is her brush. The possibilities are endless and the results, breath-taking.
- Thursday, December 8, 2016 7:30 PM
- Friday, December 9, 2016 7:30 PM
- Saturday, December 10, 2016 2:00 PM
Music and Lyrics by George and Ira Gershwin
Book by Joe DiPietro
On the eve of his fourth marriage, millionaire playboy, Jimmy Winter encounters a lady bootlegger named Billie Bendix who sets his world on its ear. Originally starring TONY Award winners, Matthew Broderick and Kelly O’hara, this uproarious new musical features a lavish score of Gershwin favorites.
- Friday, November 11, 2016 7:30 PM
- Saturday, November 12, 2016 7:30 PM
- Sunday, November 13, 2016 2:00 PM
An Original Devised Work by Kari Margolis
A surrealistic audition has a group of actors wondering what the invisible yet omnipotent directors might be seeking and what may be required of them. The fierce competition among them, however, makes the goal of winning take precedence over all else. HEADSHOT takes a sideways look at our need for acceptance and our desperate search for individuality.
- Thursday, September 29, 2016 7:30 PM
- Friday, September 30, 2016 7:30 PM
- Saturday, October 1, 2016 2:00 PM & 7:30 PM
- Sunday, October 2, 2016 2:00 PM
By Federico García Lorca
Directed by Denise Myers
A love triangle threatens the union of two barren families. Illuminated by the Moon and tracked by Death, surging passions and rebellion are exposed in this classic Spanish drama. Will the bindings of fate be cut by love or by a tiny knife?
- Wednesday, May 4, 2016 7:30 PM
- Thursday, May 5, 2016 7:30 PM
- Friday, May 6, 2016 7:30 PM
- Saturday, May 7, 2016 7:30 PM
- Sunday, May 8, 2016 2:00 PM
- Albert Taylor Theatre
- Thursday, April 14, 2016 7:30 PM
- Friday, April 15, 2016 7:30 PM
- Saturday, April 16, 2016 7:30 PM
- Sunday, April 17, 2016 2:00 PM
Location: Albert Taylor Theatre
Music: Alan Menken
Book and Lyrics: Howard Ashman
Directed: Kevin Long
Based on the 1960s cult horror film, this campy little pop-rock musical has been charming audiences for over 30 years. Join us for this clever musical from the writers of the Disney classics The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, and Aladdin and find out what happens.
PARKING FOR ALBERT TAYLOR DISCLAIMER
There is construction blocking the closest parking lot to Shilling Hall where the Albert Taylor Theatre is located. Lots available for use are the Decatur Indoor Sports Center (DISC) across Main Street or Westminster Presbyterian Church across Fairview Ave. The Arrival Court is available to drop people off at, located off Main Street. We apologize for the inconvenience this causes.
All handicap seats and discounted tickets (including Student age) must be purchased in person at the ticket office or over the phone 217-424-6318
The Magic Pinafore
Music and Lyrics by Gilbert & Sullivan
Book by Terry Stone and William Gorton
Directed by Terry Stone
Adapting well-known musical numbers with updated texts from the great Gilbert and Sullivan operettas, The Magic Pinafore spoofs both “grand” opera (the Magic Flute in particular) and the current craze for student magicians and the schools they attend.
- Thursday, February 18, 2016 7:30 PM
- Friday, February 19, 2016 7:30 PM
- Saturday, February 20, 2016 7:30 PM
- Sunday, February 21, 2016 2:00 PM
Albert Taylor Theatre
Solstice: A Concert of Dance
Directed by Sean T. Morrissey & Angie Fledderman Miller
A nexus of sound, light, space, and movement, this concert of a variety of dance styles is sure to engage and inspire dance enthusiasts. These original works test the boundaries of the human body and its ability to communicate.
- Thursday, December 10, 2015 7:30 PM
- Friday, December 11, 2015 7:30 PM
- Saturday, December 12, 2015 2:00 PM
- Albert Taylor Theatre
The Addams Family
Book by Marshall Brickman and Rick Elice
Music and Lyrics by Andrew Lippa
Based on Characters Created by Charles Addams
Directed and Choreographed by Sean T. Morrissey
The creepy, kooky, mysterious, and spooky Addams Family comes to life in this raucous new musical comedy based on the original characters by cartoonist, Charles Addams. There is fun for young and old.
- Friday, November 13, 2015 7:30 PM
- Saturday, November 14, 2015 7:30 PM
- Sunday, November 15, 2015 2:00 PM
- Kirkland Fine Arts Center