Multiple short-term international travel courses are available each year. Contact the CIE to learn about the current courses and locations.
Short-Term Travel Requirements
- At least 18 years of age
- Approval from faculty leading the course
- Be in good financial & academic standing
Costs for Short-Term Travel
- Mu tuition
- Travel expenses
- The typical cost of an immersion is $750-$3,000 out of pocket
Short-Term Travel Destinations
Some of the previous travel destinations include United Kingdom, China, Ecuador, Germany, South Africa, Peru, France, Botswana, and many more.
The application deadline for applying for short-term, study abroad opportunities is the fall and spring semester, the day after advising day.
Steps to for Students to Apply for Short-Term Travel
Use this as a checklist to make sure you are meeting all of the requirements of your travel program.
*The following steps are required for ALL domestic and international travel including non-credit trips.
- Learn about your study abroad options. Go to informational meetings and discuss travel programs with faculty. Come to the CIE to learn about scholarship opportunities.
- Once you have chosen a travel immersion, you will receive a “Student Travel Contract” and travel paperwork from the faculty leading the program. The contract will include deadlines for initial payment and final payment. The first person to sign the contract should be the faculty leading the program.
- Pay your deposit (we should be able to include a link here) at the Office of Student Financial Services (Shilling Hall 119). After payment, you will receive a receipt and get a signature on your contract from the Financial Representative. The initial payment and total travel expenses are non-refundable. Initial payments for travel courses are due by the day after scheduling day in April (spring and summer travel) and November (fall and winter travel).
- Complete the remainder of your travel paperwork:
- Travel Application and Emergency Contact Form
- Statement of Responsibilities Form
- Notary Waiver – Do not sign this form until you are in front of a Public Notary (the CIE has one)
- International Student Insurance Application Form
*The CIE can help you complete these forms! Come see us!
*Reminder: You will not be considered for an International Fellowship Award until you have paid your deposit and submitted your travel contract and paperwork to the CIE.
- Bring your signed contract and completed paperwork to the CIE. Once we confirm that your paperwork is complete, the Director of Study Abroad will be the last person to sign your contract.
- The CIE will collect your paperwork and make sure you are registered for the appropriate course(s). The remainder of your travel course payment is paid as part of semester billing.
- If you don’t have one already, apply for your passport. It is important to do this early! Come to the CIE if you need assistance with the application process.
- You will be required to attend a Pre-Departure Orientation before your trip.
Check out images from our Short-Term Travel program.