Millikin University is not responsible for any damage, theft or loss of any vehicle or its contents while it is parked anywhere on Millikin University Property. Parking permits or parking tickets can be paid for at the Student Financial Services office located in Shilling Hall.
Attention All Drivers
Read below to avoid being ticketed or otherwise sanctioned.
- Vehicle registration permits are good for only one academic school year, from August 1 through July 31 the following year.
- All vehicles must be registered every school year.
Parking decals are issued and restricted as follows:
Faculty, Staff, and Administration
Faculty, Staff and Administration registration tags shall be displayed on the rear view mirror to be viewed through the front windshield.
A Permits (Blue) - Hang Tag
- Use lots designated A or C.
- Lot M8 (Staley Lot) is restricted to A permits only between 7AM and 7PM Monday through Friday
All vehicles that park on campus must be registered with Public Safety and display a valid Millikin University parking permit. Permits are available through Public Safety. Residential Students are only allowed to register one vehicle, commuter students may register two vehicles. The fee schedule for permits is: First Year and Residential $100.00, Commuter $50.00. Parking Permits are valid for one year (08/01-07/31).
Students are required to park according to the guidelines outlined in the Parking Information brochure published by the Millikin University Department of Public Safety. Copies of this brochure are available at the Department of Public Safety in Walker Hall. Students are cautioned to pay particular attention to reserved spaces such as visitor only (Millikin students are not considered visitors), handicapped parking, and designated fire lanes. Students who fail to abide by the University’s parking regulations are subject to parking tickets and/or having their vehicles towed.
During weather related emergencies (ie. snow and flooding conditions), students may be asked to relocate their vehicles so that repairs and maintenance can be facilitated. Students must also be aware that certain city streets around campus are “snow emergency routes.” Vehicles parked on these routes in violation of city ordinances will be towed at the owner’s expense.
Student decals shall be affixed to the INSIDE lower right corner of the front window (passenger side).
C Permits (Green)
- Designated to commuter students.
- Use only university lots designated C between the hours of 7 AM and 5PM Monday through Friday.
- May park in any university lot (excluding M8) between the hours of 5 p.m. and 2 a.m. and weekends ONLY.
G Permits (Green)
- Designated for Greek students only.
- Park at your residence or assigned spots in the lot M10 (DISC) lot only.
- May park in any university lot (excluding M8) between the hours of 5 p.m. to 2 a.m. Monday through Friday and weekends ONLY.
F Permits (Green)
- Designated for residential First Year students.
- Park in lot M1 (North St.) or lot M 10 (DISC) parking lot only.
- Parking in any other university lot is not allowed.
R Permits (Green)
- Designated for Sophomore, Junior and Senior campus residential students only.
- Use only lots designated R between the hours of 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- May park in any university lot (excluding M8) between the hours of 5 p.m. and 4 a.m. Monday through Friday and weekends ONLY.
- Any student living at the Woods at Millikin Residential Complex (1135 W. Wood).
- No parking on University Property Monday through Friday 7 AM -5 PM
- May park in any university lot (excluding M8) between the hours of 5 PM and 2 AM and on weekends ONLY.
- Cannot obtain a Millikin Public Safety parking permit.
**If the lot or space (s) is reserved by cones and/or barricades you may not park in that lot**
** Dolson Circle is 20 minute time limit at all times **
*Student parking is prohibited in all A lots from 2 AM to 6 AM daily without special permission. *