Millikin University Fall Semester calendar update
Millikin University is pleased to announce that fall semester classes will start on Aug. 24.
The University plans to offer face-to-face instruction and will continue to follow CDC, Federal and State guidelines. The campus community will receive more information over the coming weeks about campus health and safety expectations, including face coverings and social distancing measures. We are eager to reunite with our Big Blue family to participate in our distinct brand of Performance Learning.
Millikin University has adjusted the academic calendar for the Fall 2020 semester by implementing the following changes:
- Fall semester classes will begin Monday, Aug. 24.
- Classes will be held on Labor Day, Monday, Sept. 7.
- Fall Break will be moved to Nov. 23 and 24, the Monday and Tuesday before Thanksgiving. No classes will be held the week of Thanksgiving.
- Beginning Nov. 30, for one week of instruction, classes will be held using online or other distance methods.
- The final day of classes will be Friday, Dec. 4.
- Finals will be held in an online or other distance format beginning Monday, Dec. 7 through Thursday, Dec. 17.
- Winter Commencement will be held Sunday, Dec. 13.
- Housing and dining facilities will be open and operational throughout the entire semester.
While the exact future is unpredictable and this information is subject to change, we believe this schedule will allow us to maintain the academic integrity of the fall semester while also providing the flexibility that our students need to be successful. The health and safety of our Millikin community and the academic experience of our students remain our top priorities.
For more information on Millikin's response to COVID-19, visit millikin.edu/covid19.
Sincerely yours in Millikin,
Patrick E. White