A look back at Big Blue Homecoming moments
In case you missed it, Millikin University's 2019 Homecoming and Family Weekend festivities had nothing but great Big Blue moments. With this year's theme being "Go Big & Come Home," Millikin alumni, friends and family members came back to campus Sept. 27-29 to reconnect and share stories from the past.
From the annual kick-off event on the Miller Quad to the Workman Family Baseball Field Dedication ceremony; from the Homecoming Parade to the Alumni Award and Athletic Hall of Fame inductees; Homecoming and Family Weekend was everything and more.
On Friday, Sept. 27, the Millikin community joined President Dr. Patrick White and Athletic Director Dr. Craig White for the dedication of Millikin's newest athletic facility and the new home of the Big Blue Baseball program, the Workman Family Baseball Field. Attendees took a tour of the facility and watched the Big Blue Baseball team take the field for a team scrimmage.
That same evening, Millikin Alumni Award recipients were honored at a celebratory dinner and program held in the Bob and Debi Johnston Banquet Rooms on the 3rd floor of the University Commons. This year's honorees were:
- Co-Alumnus of the Year: Don McIntyre '52 and Nancy Todd McIntyre '53
- Merit Award: Sarah Smith-Raschen '98
- Merit-Loyalty Award: Terry Peel '68
- Loyalty Award: James "Jim" Neff '78
- Young Alumnus Award: Dian Romonosky '11
On Saturday, Sept. 28, Millikin's Homecoming and Family Weekend Parade was held, followed by the inductions of Millikin's newest Athletic Hall of Fame members on Sunday, Sept. 29. This year's inductees were:
- Mark Coglianese '85, Football, Men's Track and Field
- Jennifer Falbe Douglass '00, Women's Basketball, Cross Country
- Terri Jones Kawczynski '85, Women's Basketball
- Debbie Kiick, Volleyball Coach, Softball Coach
- Kevin Wolff '85, Wrestling
We are already looking forward to next year's Homecoming and Family Weekend festivities for 2020. Additionally, please let us know what we got right and what you would like to see next year by taking our feedback survey. With your help, we can make HCFW20 even better.