The Music Industry Studies Department at Millikin University is offering a music recording summer camp!! SIXTEEN HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS will have the opportunity to work side-by-side with Millikin’s Audio faculty and Music Industry Studies students in an immersive and hands-on studio experience! This camp will coincide with First Gig’s music camp that is taking place the same week.
Are you ready to Rock n’ Roll?! SAVE YOUR SPOT TODAY!
When: Monday, July 22 – Friday, July 26 from 10:00 am – 5:00 pm each day
Where: Millitrax Studios, Perkinson Music Center, Millikin University
How to Sign Up: Fill out the questions under the RSVP Tab below by July 1, 2019!
Cost: $150 per camper for the week
Minimum of $75 deposit due by July 1 with RSVP, remainder due July 19!
- Lunch included in the cost!
- Students can go back home at 5pm!
- Need-based scholarships are available!
- Slots are limited! Register early!!
The week will include:
- Learning the history of recording Popular Music!
- Practicing with digital audio workstations, specifically Pro Tools (Industry-Standard!)
- Mixing recorded tracks!
- Understanding microphone theory, selection, and placement!
- Operating our brand new, state-of-the-art Neve 5088 console!
- Studio setup and tracking sessions with live rock bands!
Campers interested in live sound can help First Gig’s crew with load-in for the
ROCK CONCERT on Saturday, July 27th!
Payment and form information must be received for official reservation!
Contact information: Marielle Tepe, College of Fine Arts Recruiter
Email: email@example.com Office phone: 217-424-6321