Music Industry Studies Rock Music Summer Camp
The Music Industry Studies Department at Millikin University is offering a music recording summer camp!! SIXTEEN HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS will have the opportunity to work side-by-side with Millikin’s Audio faculty and Music Industry Studies students in an immersive and hands-on studio experience! This camp will coincide with First Gig’s music camp that is taking place the same week.
Are you ready to Rock n’ Roll?! SAVE YOUR SPOT TODAY!
How to Sign Up: Fill out the questions under the "Register" Tab below by July 12, 2019!
When: Monday, July 22 – Friday, July 26 from 10:00 am – 5:00 pm each day
Where: Millitrax Studios, Perkinson Music Center, Millikin University
Cost: $150 per camper for the week, due in advance by July 12th with Registration Form!
- Lunch included in the cost!
- Students can go back home at 5pm!
- Need-based scholarships are available!
- Slots are limited! Register early!!
The week will include:
- Learning the history of recording Popular Music!
- Practicing with digital audio workstations, specifically Pro Tools (Industry-Standard!)
- Mixing recorded tracks!
- Understanding microphone theory, selection, and placement!
- Operating our brand new, state-of-the-art Neve 5088 console!
- Studio setup and tracking sessions with live rock bands!
Campers interested in live sound can help First Gig’s crew with load-in for the
ROCK CONCERT on Saturday, July 27th!
Payment and form information must be received for official reservation!
Contact information: Marielle Tepe, College of Fine Arts Recruiter
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Office phone: 217-424-6321