Data Analytics & Business Intelligence Graduate Certificate
Analytics is a buzzword in business today. It has become a new label for evidence-based management. Data is everywhere and there is an urgent need to collect and preserve it; what we do with it is an important part of improving business, decision making, and providing an edge over competitors. Data Analytics is focused on why an event happened and what will happen in the future.
Data Analytics is the systemic computational analysis of data or statistics. It is used to:
- Discover patterns, relationships, or stories in data,
- Interpret data sets or information to determine causation or correlation, and
- Communicate data, patterns, information, or observations using data.
Millikin’s Data Analytics & Business Intelligence Graduate Certificate will prepare students to start processing data that organizations produce and turn it into usable information, using the latest statistical & modeling tools to serve stakeholders’ interests.
Who should enroll?
Millikin is aware of the need for professionals to develop specials skills that will give them the edge in their careers. Our Graduate Certificates focus on specific business knowledge and skills which allow students to invest fewer resources than obtaining a master's degree.
Meant for any industry, the Data Analytics Graduate Certificate is for those who wish to learn how to use data to solve complex and sophisticated problems that will give your business a competitive advantage. It will prep you to become a leader who:
- Knows how to apply and use data strategically,
- Can design tools that assist in making high value, high stake decisions, and
- Effectively combines the power of instinct and experience with the science of data and analytics.
What’s the program like?
- Certificate program contains 4 courses:
- Business Analytics (3 credits)
- Data Mining (3 credits)
- Data Visualization & Application (3 credits)
- Business Forecasting & Planning (3 credits)
- 1-year completion time, starting at the end of every May
- Online & in-person classes
- Take one course at a time
- Each class meets for 9 weeks total
- Each class meets once a week for 3.5 hours
- Faculty with executive C-suite knowledge
- Small cohorts that build teamwork and support networking
- You can attend class remotely when life happens! Our MBA classroom, designed with high-tech equipment, allows MBA students the flexibility to attend class virtually, as well as watch the recording of class.
How much does the certificate program cost?
What are the admission requirements?
When is the deadline to apply?
May 1 of each year
How do I apply?
Jaclyn Cantwell, Interim Director of the MBA Program