HEALTHCARE ADMINISTRATION GRADUATE CERTIFICATE
The healthcare industry is undergoing fast-paced growth, requiring fast-paced leadership. To gain a competitive advantage in healthcare administration, you need to understand the fundamentals of financial and communication strategy, team cultivation, policy and legislation, and how to forge a dynamic organization in an increasingly connected world.
Millikin University’s Graduate Healthcare Administration Certificate is geared toward those within the healthcare industry who are looking to grow into positions of leadership.
Who should enroll?
Millikin is aware of the need for professionals to develop special skills that will give them the edge in their careers. Our Graduate Certificates focus on specific business knowledge and skills which allow students to invest fewer resources than obtaining a master's degree.
Doctors, nurses, clinicians, community health managers, health insurance managers and others will gain valuable business insight as they increase their career options, engage global communities, and enhance the overall performance of their organization.
What’s the program like?
- Certificate program contains 4 courses:
- Healthcare Finance (3 credits)
- Healthcare Leadership (3 credits)
- Healthcare Policy & Economics (3 credits)
- Healthcare Process Management (3 credits)
- 18-week completion time during August-December
- Online & in-person EVENING classes
- Take two courses at a time
- Each class meets for 9 weeks total
- Each class meets once a week for 3.5 hours
- Classes will not meet during the week of Thanksgiving
- Faculty with executive C-suite knowledge
- Small cohorts that build teamwork and support networking
- You can attend class remotely when life happens! Our MBA classroom, designed with high-tech equipment, allows MBA students the flexibility to attend class virtually, as well as watch the recording of class.
How much does the certificate program cost?
What are the admission requirements?
When is the deadline to apply?
August 1 of each year
How do I apply?
Contact Jaclyn Cantwell, Assistant Director of Graduate Programs
“The Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Administration offered through Millikin’s Tabor School of Business MBA Program provides valuable insight into the current issues facing healthcare systems today. The diverse course matter is relevant to the needs of healthcare managers and leaders to develop a deeper understanding of the nuances of the healthcare industry. The small MBA cohort I joined was welcoming and held diverse roles in healthcare. This diversity combined with instructors who are currently employed in the industry allowed us to gain significant perspective into real life situations which can be applied to our current and future roles.”
- Susan K. Busby, CPA