Millikin University School of Theatre and Dance seeks a one-year, Visiting Instructor of Stage Management. Desired qualifications: AEA SM experience, MFA in Stage Management (preferred), college or professional teaching/mentorship experience.
- Teach the following courses: Stage Management (3 cr), Stage Management Seminar (1 cr x 2 sections), and potentially other courses in areas of expertise as needed.
- Mentor stage managers on Mainstage productions (six show season): attending production meetings, directly observe evening or weekend rehearsals as needed, designer runs, all tech and dress rehearsals.
- Mentor assistant stage managers.
- Work closely with SOTAD Production Manager and Coordinator of Design & Production Programs.
- Train stage management students on all best practices as per AEA rules - also specifically for load-in and strike processes. Be available (can be remotely) to student stage managers for situation management advice during strike, load-in, and photo call.
- Committee work/service as applicable to expertise.
- Additional skills in sound/live-mixing will be utilized as needed.
- Advocate for stage management students and the policies affecting the stage management program.
- Attend SOTAD and full faculty meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary: $46,200, full benefits package.
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information of three professional references to millikin.edu/employment. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Millikin University is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from traditionally underrepresented groups in this field are encouraged to apply. Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Millikin University is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn, and thrive. Millikin offers a competitive salary and full benefit package, including eligibility for tuition waiver.