Division of Enrollment Management
Position Title: Student Financial Services Representative
Department: Student Financial Services
FLSA Category: Non-Exempt
- Reports to: Assistant Director of Student Financial Services
- Works Closely with: Business Office Staff, Admission Office Staff, and other campus liaisons as needed.
- Directly Supervises: N/A
Job Summary: The Office of Student Financial Services serves as the University’s one-stop-shop for all financial services for students, families, and employees. The SFS representative will provide primary, first-line consultation to students and families, as well as employees, in regard to University account/billing and financial aid issues.
All employees are expected to uphold the values of the University. At Millikin University, we value:
- Commitment to the discovery of knowledge
- Civil debate
- Passion and enthusiasm
- Dignity and respect for individuals
- A diverse and inclusive community
- Integrity and responsibility
- Advancement of the greater good
- Answers a high volume of incoming calls and e-mail inquiries from current and prospective students, parents, and on-campus personnel in regard to general University account and/or financial aid information. Responsible for maintaining a high level of customer service and timely response for inquiries and a high level of confidentiality.
- Responsible for providing cashiering functions for the University. This includes check cashing, payment posting and issuance of receipt, and recording of deposits, as well as, managing and balancing a cash drawer daily.
- Responsible for monitoring assigned student accounts for timely payment and delinquency and recording of due diligence and notifications to student/family in regard to the account.
- Assist with student financial aid processing and data entry, which could include loan application processing, tracking of financial aid verification documents, recording of scholarship payments, or other duties as needed for the timely processing of student financial aid.
- Responsible for timely and accurate recordkeeping and filing of any pertinent data and/or documents related to a student, employee or University account or student financial aid records.
- Responsible for knowledge of basic cashiering and account balancing rules and regulations, as well as, basic financial aid regulations from state, federal, and university sources.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director or Director of the Office of Student Financial Services
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- High School Diploma
- One-year previous office experience
- Previous accounting/billing/cashiering and/or student financial aid experience or related training strongly preferred
- Familiarity with computerized accounting system
- Experience with Banner product preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other PC-based software tools
- Must possess excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Requires high energy level due to volume of work and dynamic environment
- Successful candidate must be self-directed and have superior organization and prioritization skills
- Must possess high ethical values and integrity to handle confidential information.
Software Applications utilized in position:
- Ellucian Banner (Enrollment)
- TargetX for Recruitment
- TargetX for Retention
- Heavy use of personal computer keyboard and mouse; 10-key.
- Typically sitting at a desk or table
- Typical working conditions found in most administrative work areas
- Scheduling flexibility is required to accommodate changing business needs.