Division of Fine Arts
Position Title: Patron Relations Manager
Department: Kirkland Fine Arts Center
FLSA Category: Exempt
- Reports to: Director of Kirkland Fine Arts Center
- Works Closely with: Kirkland Fine Arts Center Staff
- Directly Supervises: Student workers
Job Summary: This position is responsible for supervising the Kirkland Fine Arts Center Ticket Office and Front of House operations.
All employees are expected to uphold the values of the University. At Millikin University, we value:
- Commitment to the discovery of knowledge
- Civil debate
- Passion and enthusiasm
- Dignity and respect for individuals
- A diverse and inclusive community
- Integrity and responsibility
- Advancement of the greater good
1. Handles annual gross ticket sales of $250,000 or 30,000 tickets.
2. Oversees the ticket system, daily sales and deposits, ensures that each day’s sales are reconciled and deposited daily.
3. Records and tracks deposits.
4. Ensures the accuracy of transactions, as well as, positive customer relations.
5. Communicates events to the public.
6. Addresses patrons’ needs and implements customer incentive programs.
7. Supervises student employees (hiring, training, setting expectations, handling disciplinary action, posting and ensuring compliance with schedules.
8. Performs Ticket Office accounting for each Kirkland event.
1. Developing strategies for group sales, supervising front-of-house operations, including house managers, ushers, ticket takers, and concessions. (Student staff includes 40-50 part-time employees.
2. Other duties as assigned by the Director of Kirkland Fine Arts Center.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Associate’s Degree required.
- Previous ticketing experience is helpful.
- Excellent accounting or bookkeeping and computer skills.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong supervisory management skills a must.
- A proven record of working well with others in stressful situations
- Previous sale promotion experience is highly valued.
- This position requires a flexible, extended schedule driven by the weekend and evening schedule of events.
- Dexterity to operate a keyboard; 10-Key
- Typically sitting at a desk or table
- Occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds
- Intermittingly sitting/standing/stooping
- Typical working conditions found in most administrative work areas