Division of Enrollment (Athletics)
Position Title: Executive Assistant to the Athletic Director
FLSA Category: Non-Exempt
- Reports to: Director of Athletics
- Works Closely with: Athletic Coaches
- Directly Supervises: Student Workers
Job Summary: This position serves as the Executive Assistant to the Athletic Director. Specific duties include managing the day-to-day calendar for the Athletic Director, as well as the day-to-day operations of the Athletic Office.
- Serves as the Executive Assistant to the Athletic Director and supports the Athletic Department with clerical duties as needed.
- Manages the Athletic Office, which includes ordering supplies and providing front line customer service, as well as, greeting visitors, answering phone calls, taking messages, and providing information to Athletic staff, students, parents, faculty, administrators, staff, and others.
- Coordinates the day-to-day calendar and schedules meetings for the Athletic Director.
- Hires student workers for various positions within the Athletic Department, including events, sporting events, office help, filming, table crews, managers, tutors, last night workers at the DISC, weight room, laundry room, etc., and processes time sheets for all student workers.
- Coordinators/supervises Student Workers during Saturday football games, submits money requests for games, oversees concessions, and handles after game deposits
- Maintains and processes financial and budgetary transactions for the Athletic Department (daily financial transactions – receipts, deposits, budget transfers, billings, visas, etc., and balances the budgets of all sports/athletics (4 times per year)
- Submits check requests for entry fees, table crew and various other requests for Athletics.
- Works with BSN Sports to order team uniforms and equipment.
- Schedules internal and external facilities for Athletics on 25Live.
- Processes contracts for external and internal events.
- Acts as Athletic Department liaison with several on-campus departments.
- Enters visits in Target X.
1. Other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of five years of general office experience
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Pleasant, unflappable temperament
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and willingness to embrace technology in general
- Good customer service skills.
- Banner experience preferred.
- Dexterity to operate a keyboard.
- Typically sitting at a desk or table
- Occasionally lifting 25 lbs. or less
- Hearing and visual acuity within normal range.
- Typical working conditions found in most administrative work areas.