Division of the College of Fine Arts
Position Title: Audition Coordinator
Department: School of Music
FLSA Category: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Director, School of Music
Works Closely with: Finance Coordinator, School of Music Secretary
Directly Supervises: Student Workers
Job Summary: This position is responsible for providing clerical support, as well as, the organization and implementation of the audition program.
1. Responsible for the organization and implementation of the audition program.
- Oversees initial contact with prospects of letters generated by Target X.
- Responds by e-mail or phone to prospect inquiries and schedules visits to the School of Music.
- Maintains audition records and reports in Excel and Banner and keeps audition files.
- Coordinates with faculty to schedule individual auditions.
- Coordinates with faculty to establish audition days and draft the audition brochure and other audition materials.
- Hosts audition days, coordinating with faculty and volunteers.
- Facilitates additional recruitment activities and events
2. Coordinates Director’s schedule and assists in faculty searches.
3. Maintains the School of Music event calendar for all recitals, tours and extra rehearsals.
- Keeps a calendar in Word, Outlook and on the web for faculty, students and general public use.
- Ensures that all programs are formatted correctly, printed, archived and sent to BMI/ASCAP
- Provides information on SOM events to the College of Fine Arts dean and assistant
1. Organizes Freshman Registration for the School of Music.
2. Organizes faculty schedules.
3. Maintains SOM social media presence.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- High School Diploma
- One to three years’ previous office experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent customer service and people skills
- Knowledge of Target X and Banner preferred
- Dexterity to operate a keyboard.
- Typically sitting at a desk or table.
- Typical working conditions found in most administrative work areas.