Division of Enrollment (Athletics)
Position Title: Assistant Women’s Volleyball Coach Intern
Reports to: Head Women’s Volleyball Coach and Athletic Director
Works Closely with: Athletic Department Staff; Enrollment Staff, Women’s Volleyball Team Members, and Athletic Director
Position Summary: This position will report to the Head Women's Volleyball Coach and Athletic Director. This internship is designed as a 10-month experience from August 1 through May 31. The appointment is for one year, with a possible one-year renewal.
All employees are expected to uphold the values of the University. At Millikin University, we value:
- Commitment to the discovery of knowledge
- Civil debate
- Passion and enthusiasm
- Dignity and respect for individuals
- A diverse and inclusive community
- Integrity and responsibility
- Advancement of the greater good
Primary Responsibilities - Intern Functions:
Under the guidance of the Head Volleyball Coach, the Intern will:
- Assist the Head Women’s Volleyball Coach with all aspects of the women’s volleyball program
- Gain professional collegiate experiences in game and practice coaching, recruiting, budgeting, scheduling, and all other aspect of running an intercollegiate volleyball program
- Assist in all areas of team development, including in-season and out-of-season activities as allowed by Millikin, CCIW, and NCAA.
- Assist in the day-to-day operations of the Volleyball Program.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head Women’s Volleyball Coach
Under the guidance of the Athletic Director, the Intern will:
- Have an opportunity to gain an understanding of the structure and organization of the NCAA, specifically Division III.
- Have an opportunity to gain an understanding of the role of athletics in a relatively small comprehensive University.
- Have an opportunity to gain exposure to athletic operations and event management
- Perform duties in the area of event management.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Volleyball playing experience at the collegiate level or coaching at the high school or college level
- The successful candidate must demonstrate effective and excellent leadership, motivational, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Dexterity to operate a keyboard
- Typically sitting/standing/bending/stooping
- Occasionally lifting 25 lbs. or more
- Hearing and visual acuity within normal range
- Outdoor exposure to weather
- Alternative or flexible work schedule
- Travel and/or periodic overnight travel