Division of Enrollment (Athletics)
Position Title: Assistant Sports Information Director
FLSA Category: Exempt
- Reports to: Assistant Athletic Director/Sports Information Director
- Works Closely with: Athletics Department Coaches, Director of Athletics
- Directly Supervises: Student worker staff and interns
Job Summary: This position will assist the Assistant Athletic Director/Sports Information Director in creating and executing sports information coverage, as well as, a communication\marketing strategy for the Athletic Department. This position will provide sports information coverage for home and away athletics events. Responsibilities include game management supervision, keeping statistical data for games, providing updates through athletics web site, social media accounts, live streaming broadcasts, media outlets and appropriate stakeholders. This position will be the primary sports information contact for men’s and women’s volleyball, men’s and women’s tennis, men’s and women’s swimming, women’s triathlon, and two additional sports to be decided upon hiring. This position will take lead role in design social media strategy for athletic department and will be the primary Event Management Supervisor at home athletic events.
All employees are expected to uphold the values of the University. At Millikin University, we value:
- Commitment to the discovery of knowledge
- Civil debate
- Passion and enthusiasm
- Dignity and respect for individuals
- A diverse and inclusive community
- Integrity and responsibility
- Advancement of the greater good
- Primary Sports Information contact for men’s and women’s volleyball, men’s and women’s tennis, men’s and women’s swimming, women’s triathlon, and two additional sports to be decided upon hiring.
- Event Management Supervisor for home athletic events. Will be lead contact for all aspects of game management including ticketing, parking, fan interaction and game operations.
- Social Media Coordinator producing content for Millikin Athletics social media accounts.
- Student worker and intern supervision.
- Providing Sports Information coverage at home events including game management, video broadcasting and statistical record keeping functions.
- Updating Millikin University Athletics web sites with game results, stories and information for home and away athletic events.
- Reporting game results and information to opposition institution’s sports information departments, the CCIW Sports Information Director, NCAA and local media outlets.
- Serving as liaison with local media outlets to coordinate coverage of Millikin athletic events.
- Other duties as assigned by Assistant Athletic Director for Sports Information and\or Director of Athletics.
- General office duties.
- Assist with NCAA Compliance issues and paperwork.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Must have general knowledge of a variety of sports and of college athletics.
- Knowledge of college volleyball preferred.
- Proficiency in a variety of social media platforms.
- Understanding and skill video production and graphic design is preferred.
- Dexterity to operate a keyboard
- Typically sitting at a desk or table
- Occasionally lifting 25-50 lbs.
- Intermittently sitting/standing/stooping
- Hearing and visual acuity within normal range
- Typical working conditions found in most administrative work areas
- Alternate or flexible work schedules including working nights and weekends.
- Outdoor exposure to weather.