Division of Athletics
Position Title: Assistant Football Coach
- Reports to: Head Football Coach
- Works Closely with: Athletic Department Staff, Football Staff, and Admissions Staff
Job Summary: The Assistant Football Coach/Offensive Coordinator will assist the Head Coach with practice planning and implementation, recruiting, game coaching, and other duties common to assisting in a collegiate football program.
All employees are expected to uphold the values of the University. At Millikin University, we value:
- Commitment to the discovery of knowledge
- Civil debate
- Passion and enthusiasm
- Dignity and respect for individuals
- A diverse and inclusive community
- Integrity and responsibility
- Advancement of the greater good
1. Help to recruit and retain athletically skilled and academically qualified student-athletes into the football program.
2. Coach a group of student-athletes assigned by the head coach.
3. Participate in planning and implementing practices as assigned by the head coach.
4. Participate in game day coaching as assigned by the Head Football Coach.
5. Comply with all applicable Millikin University, CCIW and NCAA rules, regulations and policies.
6. Perform other duties common to assisting in football as assigned by the Head Football Coach.
7. Perform duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
1. Perform a second duty as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
2. Serve on institutional committees and task forces as assigned.
3. Serve as Lindsay Field and Track Facility Monitor.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Master’s degree preferred
- College coaching preferred
- Extensive knowledge of the sport of football
- Ability to recruit and retain quality football student-athletes
- Excellent organization, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively to various audiences
- Ability and willingness to work effectively in a team atmosphere in the Athletic Department
- Strong commitment to the University and NCAA Division III philosophy
- Demonstrated commitment to the academic and athletic success of the student-athlete
- Dexterity to operate a keyboard
- Typically sitting/standing/bending/stooping
- Occasionally lifting 25 lbs. or less
- Hearing and visual acuity within normal range
- Typical working conditions found in an outdoor setting
- Alternative or flexible work schedules
- Travel and/or periodic overnight travel