Division of the Tabor School of Business
Position Title: Assistant to the Dean for Enrollment Management
Department: Tabor School of Business
FLSA Category: Exempt
- Reports to: Dean of the Tabor School of Business (TSB)
- Works Closely with: TSB Faculty, TSB Administrative Assistant, Dean of Admission, Executive Director of Marketing, Director of Alumni Engagement, Admission Counselors, Marketing Staff, Athletic Coaches, Center for Entrepreneurship Staff
- Directly Supervises: N/A
Job Summary: This position serves as a University representative charged with recruiting and enrolling undergraduate and graduate students in the Tabor School of Business. The incumbent will work closely with faculty and staff in the Tabor School of Business to maintain and facilitate existing recruiting activities on and off campus. The position requires moderate travel, flexible scheduling of hours including evenings and weekends and ability to work independently to achieve institutional and divisional goals and objectives.
- Set and achieve individual enrollment goals for Tabor majors.
- Maintain a comprehensive recruitment calendar and timeline for all Tabor majors and communicate to all appropriate stakeholders.
- Represent Millikin University’s Tabor School of Business at appropriate opportunities, i.e.: high schools, junior colleges, targeted community events.
- Manage the visit experience of prospective students and their families during individual campus visits and group campus visit days; deploy and monitor follow-up communications.
- Supervise the student-recruiting specialist (work-study) and current student calling group; scheduling, training, workload, planning, and outcome tracking.
- Manage targeted enrollment events (budgeting, facilitate meetings, plan marketing)
- Coach/incentivize current Tabor students to recruit in their hometown schools.
- Coach/incentivize Tabor alumni to present and recruit in their hometown schools.
- Maintain and develop exposure opportunities with specific business organizations at the high school level:
- INCubatoredu and MobileMakers
- Innovative Entrepreneurs
- Midland Institute CEO
- Foster and maintain relationships with high school counselors and business-related teachers, provide opportunities to host teachers on campus with Tabor faculty.
- Enhance Tabor’s visibility through advanced social media and targeted PR initiatives, work with Tabor’s Administrative Assistant to maintain content of all external media.
- Identify the "best practices" utilized by competitive schools of business and adjust Tabor’s optics/strategy to increase interest and yield as needed.
- Identify Tabor's sales conversion strategies and metrics.
Institutional Responsibilities (Administration)
- Manage deployment of strategic enrollment initiatives for Tabor.
- Routinely and accurately communicate progress to goals.
- Document necessary information from campus and travel visits.
- Attend regularly scheduled TSB Faculty meetings, provide enrollment updates.
- Attend regularly scheduled admission meetings, as a recruitment liaison from Tabor.
- Attend regularly scheduled athletics meetings, as a recruitment liaison from Tabor.
- Attend regularly scheduled alumni meetings, as a recruitment liaison for Tabor.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in the Business field.
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated familiarity with and ability to use web-based technologies and communication media.
- Ability to work with B2B and B2C constituencies ranging in age.
- Successful candidate will demonstrate a positive attitude, entrepreneurial thinking, ability to motivate others and independent work ethic.
- Preference will be given to Millikin University graduates.
- Preference given to an individual who understands implementation of both sales strategy and advanced customer relationship management.
Software Applications/Access required for position:
- Target X for Recruitment
- Dexterity to operate a keyboard
- Typically sitting at a desk or table
- Occasionally lifting 25 lbs. or less
- Intermittently sitting/standing/stooping
- Hearing and visual acuity within normal range
- Typical working conditions found in most administrative work areas