Division of Enrollment Management
Position Title: Admission Data/Information Specialist
Department: Office of Admission
FLSA Category: Non-Exempt
- Reports to: Director of Operations and Events
- Works Closely with: Admission Staff and Counselors, Director of Graduate/Transfer Admission, Director of Admission, Registrar’s Office, Marketing Staff
- Directly Supervises: N/A
Job Summary: This position provides general administrative, front-line communication and data management support to the Office of Admission.
1. Answers a high volume of incoming calls and e-mail inquiries and provides general Admission information and/or routes inquiry to appropriate on campus contact.
2. Manages all clerical tasks associated with applications and inquiries from prospective students including correspondence with student and/or their representative throughout the admission process and data entry of application information.
3. Data entry of prior coursework from prospective student transcripts into student information system.
4. Assists with data entry of prospective student information and coordinator of communication to prospective students in both paper and electronic format.
5. Assists with compilation and distribution of recruitment data to admission staff as well as other Departments on campus.
6. Coordinates special projects as assigned.
7. Analyzed student records and data.
1. Provides secondary support for other admission clerical staff.
2. Assists with general admission inquiries from students, parents, and secondary school staff.
3. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Three to five years related office experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, E-mail and communication software
- Ability to coordinate special projects
- Ability to accurately prepare and process records, applications and reports
- Ability to work independently
- Must possess excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to analyze student records and data
- Experience with SCT Banner student information system (or similar data management system) preferred.
- Ability to operate a keyboard with accuracy.
- Typically sitting at a desk
- Occasional lifting boxes/materials, 25 lbs. or less
- Typical working conditions found in most administrative work areas.